The1TrueFredrix

Re: Initiative with cards

Mon 04 Feb 2019, 12:25

Actually, the only Talents that affect Initiative (correct me if I'm wrong) are those that allow a PC to draw more than one Initiative card. None of them have anything to do with who draws first. Path of the Knight and Lightning Fast.
Don’t they have to draw first so their reject cards can be shuffled back into the pack? 
Effekt - A fan podcast celebrating Swedish RPGs including, but not limited to: Alien; Coriolis; Forbidden Lands; Symbaroum; and Tales from the Loop. Featuring discussion magazine episodes and Actual Play recordings. https://effektpodcast.org/

9littlebees

Mon 04 Feb 2019, 15:08

Actually, the only Talents that affect Initiative (correct me if I'm wrong) are those that allow a PC to draw more than one Initiative card. None of them have anything to do with who draws first. Path of the Knight and Lightning Fast.
Don’t they have to draw first so their reject cards can be shuffled back into the pack? 
Of course... The OP was wondering about which order the PCs draw the cards. In other words, if you have 5 players, who chooses the first card? And who gets to be the last player who only has 6 cards to choose from?

There are no Talents which address this. That's what I was trying say (poorly).  :?

Tomas
Site Admin

Mon 04 Feb 2019, 21:30

Hello! The order of the draw of initiative cards has no mechanical effect whatsoever. If it helps your players to see this, have everyone draw before revealing any cards . :)
Fria Ligan

ChaosAptom

Mon 15 Apr 2019, 22:03

Just let the GM draw last and ppl with the Talent to draw more than one card first.
As I understand the rules you can each round, (even at start of combat)switch cards between players anyways (as long as they can hear each other), so it rarely matters.
GZIP: Off