We had the same question in our group. I gave it some thought, and would like to propose the following guide. It is inspired by common astrology, and how Morrowind handled star signs (e.g. Those born under the sign of the Steed are impatient and always hurrying from one place to another. – 25 point bonus to Speed")
. The suggestions themselves are based on the description of the Icons themselves, and their associated Traits.
"Acting in accordance with your Icon" would mean showing an appropriate (and noticeable) behavior trait (positive or negative) sometime during the session. HOWEVER, it is certainly not intended to pigeonhole character traits and personality. Rather, it should be seen as certain tendencies - and perhaps a useful baseline from which to build your character's personality.
- The Messenger: Those born under The Messenger tend to be charismatic and visionary, but can be overbearing and stubborn.
- The Dancer: Those born under The Dancer tend to be passionate and loyal, but can be prone to decadence and indulgence.
- The Gambler: Those born under The Gambler tend to be adventurous and courageous, but can be impatient and brash.
- The Deckhand: Those born under The Deckhand tend to be organized, modest and calm, but can be set in their ways and slow to change.
- The Merchant: Those born under The Merchant tend to be ambitious and driven, but can be prone to greed and possessiveness.
- The Judge: Those burn under The Judge tend to be focused and strong willed, but can be aggressive and inflexible.
- The Traveler: Those born under The Traveler tend to be intelligent and curious, but can be obsessive.
- Lady of Tears: Those born under The Lady of Tears tend to be resilient, empathetic and compassionate, but can be prone to melancholy.
- Faceless One: Those born under the Faceless One tend to have an affinity for mysticism and spirituality, but can be unreliable and secretive.