Thanks Kaeam for the ideas on Force Talents. I will post stuff like that in other forums. (I am going to run a Star Wars game using this system and will discuss diff parts in diff threads).
For species I basically have this:
Humans choose 2 talents to start the game. (In place of Icon, and an extra free choice - like M:YZ).
Aliens get 1 talent & their starting features. (With positive and negatives, roughly = to Talent).
1. Attribute Adjustments. (As Kaeam suggested, and like Genlab Alpha, I think I will just modify maximums: no bonuses/penalties - they can be on spec Skills).
2. Starting Skills. (Positive & Negative modifiers to starting skills).
3. Starting Talents. (creating a list of Alien/Species talents so I don't have to do uniquely for every species).
4. Starting Flaws. (We have a system for starting with Drawbacks/Flaws in all our games. For this game players can choose them to start with bonus XP, but when assigned here as a Species Flaw, you do not gain any benefits). Our Drawbacks Page
5. Physical extras. Claws, sharp eyes, thick fur, etc.
Re the last one, I have an idea to grant Gear bonuses instead of Skill bonuses. EG a wookie's claws granting +2 gear bonus to climb vs a +2 Skill bonus to Dexterity (when climbing). What do people think of this idea. (It came from my Cypher System conversions where I used physiological adaptations as Assest as opposed to Skills. I think it would work here too)?