PLUNfin
Topic Author

Character Creation - Gear

Sun 05 Feb 2017, 05:46

I am running my first game in three weeks time and am putting together a complete reference for the character creation chapter - full page references and summaries for all the talents and items. Theyre in my trusty note book so I will type at up at some point later!

When writing them up, it raised a few questions:

A) For the Operative, how strong are the poisons? While customisation is nice, it notes most cap at strength 5, exceptional ones 8, so I went for 5

B) For the Soldier, is this a single frag grenade or a supply? While the 500 birr price suggests a single unit, to take it instead of Cybernetic Muscles seems a good idea only for Hedgemony or similar strongly anti cyborg factions.

C) For the Artist, is the hand fan of the nice prop but no rules mechanics variety, or the energy weapon?

D) Both the Preacher and Pilot can have Talismans. Once used, do these never gain 'charge' again? If so seems a poor choice over Tools.

Also I noted the following items are nifty/handy but have no provided rules. These are not BAD choices but listing them may save a bit of confused ruffling through the book.

ARTIST
* Exquisite Clothing (though worth up to 1000 birr as per Clothing)
* Collection of Poems
* Open Reservation (Alkamaars is described on p266 and is an exclusive Coriolis restaurant)
* Memoirs of Mazelman (he is alive and travels far - mention is made on page 230 and chapter quotes)

DATA SPIDER
None

FUGITIVE
* Mask (Unless you rule it is a Modular Mask like the operative, this is a brave commitment to keeping things stylish - which I like)

NEGOTIATOR

OPERATIVE
None

PILOT

PREACHER
* Blessed scripture
* Thurible
* Casula (Priestly robes)
* Reliquary
* Written Prophecy
* Writing Paraphernalia

SCIENTIST
None

SHIP WORKER
None

SOLDIER
None

TRAILBLAZER
None

Again I'm not saying these cant have rules and cant help the owner or be great roleplaying tools - just saving you some looking up time.