Sherb
Topic Author

New English Version, Rules on Armor taking no Damage when absorbing Everything. etc

Fri 24 May 2019, 14:52

Heya!

Some in our group use the german version of the book and I have been contact with some that play the swedish version and we have noticed a few key differences between the up-to-date english one (from drivethru RPG) and those other versions.

For instance:

Armor in the english version takes damage on 💥 on the gear dice, but not if all damage was blocked.
In the german version, that addition is missing and armor even takes damage if all damage has been blocked.

Inspire in the german and swedish version only gives bonus die (+2 on the first ☢️, then one for every stunt).
But in the english one, it gives the full successes/☢️ to the target. 
I know that this has been changed for balancing reasons and is also like that in the newest german version.

There's a couple of other small things...
And I wanted to ask if there is another english version coming that incorporates all these changes?

Or if there is a comprehensive errata to bring all the versions in line?

Fenhorn

Re: New English Version, Rules on Armor taking no Damage when absorbing Everything. etc

Fri 24 May 2019, 16:25

I answered this on discord but can give an answer here as well.

The armor thing must be a mistake. I have not seen that since the 1st Swedish edition. All Swedish rulebooks that I have uses the rule that armor is only damage if at least one point of damage gets through.

The Inspire thing is very new so we have that changed in an errata only (in a Zone Compendium and on this forum I think). If they print another version (I think a new printed edition is planned) it will probably be in that (unless FL forgot to change it :?).

There are errata lists (Swedish and English) but they are not updated frequently, I don't think.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Sherb
Topic Author

Re: New English Version, Rules on Armor taking no Damage when absorbing Everything. etc

Sat 25 May 2019, 10:45

I answered this on discord but can give an answer here as well.

The armor thing must be a mistake. I have not seen that since the 1st Swedish edition. All Swedish rulebooks that I have uses the rule that armor is only damage if at least one point of damage gets through.

The Inspire thing is very new so we have that changed in an errata only (in a Zone Compendium and on this forum I think). If they print another version (I think a new printed edition is planned) it will probably be in that (unless FL forgot to change it :?).

There are errata lists (Swedish and English) but they are not updated frequently, I don't think.
Thanks again for taking your time!

I asked around in the german forum and it seems like the german version of Genlab (which came out after MYZ) incorporates this rule...

It was left out of the MYZ Book even though a new rule such as the Inspire change was in there.

So it must have just been left out by mistake.
But I have gotten no official answer.