Mrówek
Topic Author

Do you use Cards?

Fri 05 Apr 2019, 21:55

Hi
Do you use Mutant Year Zero Card Decks during play?
And if so do u find them really usefull or just a funny addition?
All opinions appreciated
Qba

Fenhorn

Re: Do you use Cards?

Fri 05 Apr 2019, 22:36

I like them. They help. The players can just look at their mutation/artifact card to see what it does. When it comes to artifacts I can easily sort out the ones that I don't want the players to find yet and use the rest as a deck to draw random artifacts from. Sure you can use tables and charts and the players can look in the rulebook for the mutation effects, but the cards makes the game more smooth to play. The same can be said about the markers. Of course they are not needed. You can write down how much grub, water, ammo and mutation points you have, but to just take a marker helps with the bookkeeping.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

borusa100

Sat 06 Apr 2019, 09:45

I use them -I think they speed things up.
I have found you have to be quite careful about handing out meta plot cards which rather unhelpfully have the words 'meta plot' on them.
One beef-no artwork at all-hmmm.

Mrówek
Topic Author

Sat 06 Apr 2019, 10:29

Thx guys
your opinions help me out to shape my shopping list :)

Halo

Thu 18 Apr 2019, 08:29

Late to the party, but I use the cards and it helps me keep track of what they have gotten as far as metaplot and stuff too, as I sort out things they get, and what threats have been used and so forth. We play over Roll20 so we don't get the full bonus of the cards, but still.