Charlie D
Topic Author

Miniatures and measuring movement: how do you do it?

Wed 30 Nov 2016, 21:55

I like my player characters to be down in the dirt hiding behind rusted cars and looking for places to snipe and ambush from so I’ll be using miniatures in my upcoming MY0 game. I don’t like squares (too much like a board game) so I’ll be using a measuring tape with 1 maneuver equaling 5 inches.

I plan to get Zombicide Prison and Companion Dogs to provide starting PCs, dog, creatures, and terrain. Zombicide Rue Morgue even has a helicopter if I ever run Genlab Alpha. Finally, if the fantasy RPG using the MY0 rules is released there is also a fantasy version of the board game I can buy to expand with. Alas, no sci-fi version to use with Coriolis. 

Who knows, maybe I'll get ambitious and try my hand at making some 3D terrain.

Does anyone else use minis or terrain and is so what kind? Do you use any actual models or just boards for terrain? Do you measure or count squares? Do you create any model terrain yourself?

If instead you use range bands, do you like that quite a bit? How does it work out for you?

KalleFridholm

Re: Miniatures and measuring movement: how do you do it?

Thu 01 Dec 2016, 12:16

Some inspiration from the swedish section of the forum. Apparently Wolfram has put his minis together from various bits of models from GW and other model companies and some greenstuff. http://frialigan.se/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2115

Charlie D
Topic Author

Re: Miniatures and measuring movement: how do you do it?

Thu 01 Dec 2016, 15:37

Looks great. Something to aspire towards.