ottarrus
Topic Author

Forum Photo Limits

Sun 31 Oct 2021, 13:17

Hey Fria-Ligans...
I realize that you're working hard to keep the politicking and general social commentary down on the forums. I completely understand why and I totally agree,
However, there's a lot of photographic content that can be a net gain for forum members that isn't memes, social, or political commentary.
I'm noting this because I tried to upload a photograph of preserved foods on the T2K Sub-forum and it said that 'the forum limit had been reached'. I presume this is an effort to keep a tight leash on forum interactions. Is there a possible way to for board moderators to jury or vet photos for inclusion?
I could see a whole slew of useful and helpful photos [equipment, for example] that have nothing to do with gun rights, left v. right politics, or anything else controversial.

Fenhorn

Re: Forum Photo Limits

Sun 31 Oct 2021, 13:32

The only way I know is to upload the image to a server (gdrive, dropbox, etc.) and then use insert image code. I have passed on this to the admins.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

ottarrus
Topic Author

Sun 31 Oct 2021, 16:59

Thanks, Fen!

Fenhorn

Mon 01 Nov 2021, 12:49

The admins have told me that they want to keep as it is for now (that you need to use the insert image from url), but may change it in the future. It is for the most part to avoid to attract certain picture spam bots.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore