DSkovMadsen
Topic Author

Ordering from Free League Post-Brexit

Wed 27 Jan 2021, 10:03

Have any EU-customers ordered from Free League in 2021 - post Brexit? What were your experiences?

Free League seems to be sending 'Delivery Duty Paid', but i'm not sure if that means no extra cost for the customer or if customs etc. is still a risk?

I'd love to still be able to order from the source! :)

Lehto

Re: Ordering from Free League Post-Brexit

Wed 27 Jan 2021, 11:07

Hi.

No extra fees should be upon customer's in the European Union when sent DDP.

Best regards
Daniel
Customer support
Daniel
Customer support

AWBaader

Thu 28 Jan 2021, 14:58

My Symbaroum Starter Set just shipped yesterday and from the email it seems that the shipping time is a fair bit longer, 10-14 days, but I've no idea if customs will want any extra cash. If they do it's probably a snafu rather than what should be the norm.
That said Tomas mentioned in the YouTube video yesterday that FL are trying to set up a warehouse in Germany which should get around any Brexit related problems.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pId-KnVZlBE

Cokes

Sat 20 Feb 2021, 14:18

Hi
Are there customs issues with ordering direct from Fria Ligan for delivery to UK, since Brexit?
Anyone in the UK had free league deliveries in 2021?
Planning a Forbidden Lands order, but want to check first :)
Thanks everyone
--R

AWBaader

Sat 20 Feb 2021, 14:31

Free League games actually ship from the UK. So if you're on the island you shouldn't have any problems.
Hi
Are there customs issues with ordering direct from Fria Ligan for delivery to UK, since Brexit?
Anyone in the UK had free league deliveries in 2021?
Planning a Forbidden Lands order, but want to check first :)
Thanks everyone
--R

Cokes

Sat 20 Feb 2021, 15:23

Thx man (and fellow Effekt'er)
--R

Tompa

Thu 04 Mar 2021, 11:51

I've made an order to EU and I was charged customs and other related expenses in the amount of ca. 17 British pounds on ordered items valued at 44 British pounds (shipping value not included).
If I had known before making the order that I would have been charged these additional expenses I would not have made the order, so this was a very unpleasant and unfortunate surprise to me especially since I was made to believe that are Fria Ligan orders were DDP (Delivered Duty Paid).
Makes me consider all my future orders with Fria Ligan since such customs noticeably and non-transparently increase my overall expenses.
Sincerely Fria Ligan, it just doesn't sound right that orders shipped to EU are charged customs and other related charges because an EU based company delivers its products via UK.

Lehto

Thu 04 Mar 2021, 15:37

Hello!

This is not how it is supposed to be. Please write me at support@frialigan.se and we will try to sort it out.

Best regards,
Daniel
Customer support

I've made an order to EU and I was charged customs and other related expenses in the amount of ca. 17 British pounds on ordered items valued at 44 British pounds (shipping value not included).
If I had known before making the order that I would have been charged these additional expenses I would not have made the order, so this was a very unpleasant and unfortunate surprise to me especially since I was made to believe that are Fria Ligan orders were DDP (Delivered Duty Paid).
Makes me consider all my future orders with Fria Ligan since such customs noticeably and non-transparently increase my overall expenses.
Sincerely Fria Ligan, it just doesn't sound right that orders shipped to EU are charged customs and other related charges because an EU based company delivers its products via UK.
Daniel
Customer support

Tompa

Fri 05 Mar 2021, 22:42

Just a short follow up for everyone reading this.
I have contacted Fria Ligan support and got a quick reply that mentioned this as an occasional problem on some of the early post Brexit Fria Ligan orders.
Apparently all of the issues have been resolved by now and everything should be shipping DDP (delivered duty paid).
Seems like I was the unlucky one. However, the support was kind enough and offered me a voucher in the amount of the paid customs to use on my future FL store purchase.
Thanks for the effort and quick response to FL support on this issue.
Hello!

This is not how it is supposed to be. Please write me at support@frialigan.se and we will try to sort it out.

Best regards,
Daniel
Customer support

ChrilleT

Sat 20 Mar 2021, 18:31

My Symbaroum starter set arrived yesterday and I hade to pay an 100 SEK invoice from Postnord to be able to pick it up. Have emailed support but seems my package did not escape customs.

Edit : Got answer within a few minutes that this was the error mentioned above and I get a voucher to use on Free League´s webshop.