rabindranath72
Topic Author

Waiting for a refund since 16th December

Fri 31 Jan 2020, 18:26

Good afternoon,
I am writing here because support hasn't been very helpful to date.
I returned books from the Alien kickstarter for a refund, and on 16th December 2019 I received notification that the books were received and I would soon get a refund. 
It's been 1.5 months now. I contacted the support, but I was told that they didn't know how to process the refund with PayPal (?!) I find it really hard to believe that the company doesn't have a refunds policy/guideline for refunds via PayPal, considering that I paid with PayPal to begin with.
What should I do to get the refund?

Regards
Antonio
Last edited by rabindranath72 on Sat 01 Feb 2020, 15:57, edited 1 time in total.

Tomas
Site Admin

Re: Waiting for a refund since 16th December

Fri 31 Jan 2020, 19:30

Sorry about this, we'll take care of it shortly. The reason for the holdup is that we cannot process a refund through our webshop if more than six months have passed since the purchase, so we need to use other methods.
Fria Ligan

rabindranath72
Topic Author

Sun 16 Feb 2020, 12:15

Two more weeks passed.
Two months in total today, still no refund. 
What does "shortly" mean?
Just a reminder that by EU legislation dealing with Guarantees and Returns:

"The trader must give you a refund within 14 days of receiving your cancellation request."

Should I start seeking legal counsel to enforce EU trade regulations? I really, really don't want to go the legal route, but the situation has become frankly ridiculous.
NB: my sister is a lawyer, so taking the legal route isn't going to cost me anything.

Regards,
Antonio

Tomas
Site Admin

Sun 16 Feb 2020, 13:17

Hello, and sorry about our slow handling of your case. The problem was that a refund through Paypal cannot only be made within 180 days of the payment. But we can work this out through other means, please check the email I just sent.
Fria Ligan