Azel-Liark
Topic Author

Mutant: Hindenburg and Ad Astra : English KS?

Mon 15 Apr 2019, 23:11

There was a swedish KS for  Mutant: Hindenburg and a time ago there was a teaser on Ad Astra.

Is there any date for an english KS for those ones? 

And more generally, is there a view on the upcoming releases for Mutant Year Zero? 

Tomas
Site Admin

Re: Mutant: Hindenburg and Ad Astra : English KS?

Sun 21 Apr 2019, 15:08

Hi!

We're sending Mutant: Elysium and The Gray Death to print now, and they will ship to backers in May -retail releases will happen in the months to come.

Mutant: Ad Astra will be in both English and Swedish. Work is very much in progress (most of the art is already done) - expect a Kickstarter in the coming months! :)
Fria Ligan

rickanderson

Wed 24 Apr 2019, 10:45

Hi!

We're sending Mutant: Elysium and The Gray Death to print now, and they will ship to backers in May -retail releases will happen in the months to come.

Mutant: Ad Astra will be in both English and Swedish. Work is very much in progress (most of the art is already done) - expect a Kickstarter in the coming months! :)
WOW, hard to believe that in a short time I could buy it) 
Thanks 

Starkiller

Thu 05 Sep 2019, 01:32

Any news about the mutant ad astra Kickstarter?

Waldviech

Sat 12 Oct 2019, 20:19

News about the upcoming Ad-Astra-Kickstarter would, indeed, be nice.

Also, will there ever be an english Version of "Mutant Hindenburg" ?

Byrax

Sun 13 Oct 2019, 13:22

Ad Astra, yay! Let it be weird and wonderful, creative and chaotic, imaginative and inspiring. Like Moon, Prospect, Oblivion, Cowboy Bebop, Titan AE, Event Horizon, Cargo, Contact, Uplift, Children in Time, Aniara etc put in a blender.

Waldviech

Mon 14 Oct 2019, 16:05

Yepp - this would be absolutely stunning!
There are, however, a few things, I would not expect from Ad Astra, since I would think they would not quite fit into the overall setting of Mutant:

- I would not expect any large interplanetary empires. Supposedly, the people living in outer space are "a few leftovers" from the apokalypse, just as any other faction in "Mutant". Therefore, I would imagine the scope of Ad Astra to be somewhat smaller than the one of other space opera. A lot of debris, some more or less undamaged spacestations with a village-sized population, maybe one or two city-sized ones at best.
- I do not expect any intelligent Aliens. Even IF Ad Astra should cover more than our solar system, intelligent Aliens in Ad Astra would feel somewhat off to me "tonewise".
- I do not expect alien worlds to be earthlike, hospitable places. I suppose, most of them will be strange, hostile places, where atmosphere is either not existant or not breathable. If Ad Astra stays within our solar system, this one is pretty much a given, but even when other solar systems could be reached, I suspect worlds there to be just as alien and unpleasant like Mars or Ganymed. The fabled "second earth out there" could be a common starfarer-myth, but I do not think, something else than a distant campain-finale would ever take place there.

My guess would be: Ad Astra will be very much centered on our solar system (even IF there is some form of FTL), with the action taking place on ancient spacestations, moons and asteroids. And I also suspect, there is a reason, why nobody has heared from the Titanpower Mimir in a very long time - either, it was finaly destroyed or - much cooler - the whole spacestation left our solar system as a huge starship, in search of some mythical, faraway Paradiseplanet. And finding Mimir and said Paradiseplanet at the end of some strange, postapocalyptic space-odyssey could be a goal of a Potential Ad-Astra-Campain (Just as finding Eden was the goal of MYZ).

Byrax

Mon 17 Feb 2020, 23:57

Any news?

Jonbertsch

Thu 20 Feb 2020, 17:47

I would love to see the other expansions back in print... Genlab Alpha, Mechatron are both out of print. If a kickstarter is done for the next expansion will there be any reprints of these done? Maybe as an add on?

Zapp

Wed 28 Jul 2021, 11:37

Also, will there ever be an english Version of "Mutant Hindenburg" ?
I too want to know.