nobble
Topic Author

Push Mechanic

Thu 23 Sep 2021, 06:41

So just for fun, Does anyone have a guess as to what the push mechanic will be in this?

Stress, Conditions, DPs?

Fenhorn

Re: Push Mechanic

Thu 23 Sep 2021, 06:58

If they use only one type of dice, like in Coriolis, Vaesen, etc, then perhaps conditions. That would make much fewer pushes.They can't use damage for each 1s with this because that would be extreme and hurt those that are actually good at what they do.
If they use the Twilight system with dice steps instead, they could use damage because you only roll two dice and can thus only get up to two damage.
I don't think the MYZ and FbL variant where you have attribute, skill and gear dice will fit the game. That works better with games with a more survival approach.
Some sort of GM points would be cool. I know that some people don't like them, but I think if it's done right it could work great.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Bengt Petter

Sat 25 Sep 2021, 09:58

I have no idea what the push mechanic will be in this game, but of course you should be able to play as a replicant. That should be different in some way, but hopefully not in the same way as with androids in the Alien RPG.

I’m also thinking of the look of the dices. Perhaps with a Tyrell Corporation logo? At least a simplyfied version could work - https://www.pinterest.se/pin/219339444330716688/
Last edited by Bengt Petter on Thu 30 Sep 2021, 18:22, edited 1 time in total.

jonathanpay

Wed 29 Sep 2021, 13:12

Something between Things From The Flood and Vaesen in terms of Physical and Mental conditions, perhaps Scars will be included? So -1 to dice rolls per condition on either ( Strength & Agility for Physical conditions, or Empathy & Wits for Mental conditions)
Christian. Husband. Father. Antipodean. Egalitarian. Cinephile. Boardgame and ttrpg enthusiast. Jack-of-all-trades. World's first second-generation email geek.

Bengt Petter

Wed 29 Sep 2021, 15:21

Could love or at least love affairs be included in the game mechanics in some way? Love is important in both the two movies and in the film noir genre in general.

Jizmack

Mon 25 Oct 2021, 20:18

Perhaps ‘complications’ might be used. So, if you don’t push your skill roll then there is no chance of a mishap/fumble (if you failed the roll) or negative consequence (if you succeeded the roll). However, if you push a roll, any ones would trigger a complication, which can include anything from hurting yourself, hitting a bystander, dropping items, misreading clues, hesitation (miss your next action), inadvertently insulting the wrong person, etc…

Kaybe

Thu 20 Jan 2022, 17:40

Given this is a mystery focused game, like Vaesen and Tales from the Loop, I suspect their core version of Year Zero will be similar. If that's the case, pushing will give one a condition.