Heffe
Topic Author

The Rest of the World

Wed 26 Jan 2022, 03:06

One thing I noticed was that in the box set, there's a general lack of information about what's happening in other countries during WWIII. Do we know if this is something the team is thinking about creating a module for in the future, or is FL relying upon fans to fill out more of the background on countries not mentioned in the existing box set? I would imagine that in upcoming modules certain locations will get additional information, such as Krakow for Black Madonna, etc. But should we anticipate there ever being a module that talks about all (or even many) locations of nuke strikes, or the remaining combat-ready military units elsewhere in the world, or information on what happened to other countries outside of what is explicitly mentioned in the existing books? Even some high-level information, such as which side China and Japan were on, would be super helpful to have a better understanding of the broader implications of the war.

The reason I ask is that, if FLs intent is to have the players and refs decide on these things, then I'm considering trying to put together a project to lay out some basic details of the world as a sort of "default world setting" with some high level information on places and groups not covered in the books. I'd also rather not waste my (or anyone else's) time if FL is already considering something like this.

Thank you!

ckosacranoid

Re: The Rest of the World

Thu 27 Jan 2022, 00:16

If all else fails put something together and post it to the free league extra fans post on drive thur rpg and it can be something that fans can use or not to use.

Fenhorn

Thu 27 Jan 2022, 01:08

In the upcoming expansions, they will most likely focus (when it comes to setting) on things connected to operation reset like Poland and Sweden.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

starkillerbh

Fri 11 Feb 2022, 14:38

They already announced the original adventure but renamed and reworked it I assume, Krakow. I do not see any reason for them not utilizing the previous editions modules, T2K v2 redid the first few modules before they stopped making things for it.