Blackcloud6
Topic Author

Foundry scene creation help

Wed 08 Dec 2021, 22:59

I'm new to both Twilight 2000 and Foundry. I'm trying to create a scene using the battle maps. Once I place a battle map into the scene, I'm having trouble getting the map's printed hex side to match that of the scene. I resize it to match and then when I unclick it snaps to a different size. How can I fix this? I suspect I have a setting for the scene, or the tile set incorrectly.

Thanks in advance

Fenhorn

Re: Foundry scene creation help

Wed 08 Dec 2021, 23:42

There might be people that knows how to do this here, but you might get more help over at the Year Zero Worlds discord or of course at the Foundry VTT discord where there is a free league section.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

UncleRico

Thu 10 Feb 2022, 04:46

I'm new to both Twilight 2000 and Foundry. I'm trying to create a scene using the battle maps. Once I place a battle map into the scene, I'm having trouble getting the map's printed hex side to match that of the scene. I resize it to match and then when I unclick it snaps to a different size. How can I fix this? I suspect I have a setting for the scene, or the tile set incorrectly.

Thanks in advance
Hey, did you ever get an answer to this?

andresk

Thu 10 Feb 2022, 10:50

You have to press "save changes" or whaterver equivalent button there is instead of just closing the window. There's also a module to help with aligning the map grids. Note that Foundry measures it's hexes across from corner to corner, not side to side, so you have to take that into account when selecting the resolution for your maps so the grid would align perfectly.

Finnac1e

Fri 11 Feb 2022, 21:41

It’s tricky, but I managed to align both the battlemaps and the travel maps with the Foundry hex.