Oddball_E8
Topic Author

How many are going to run this as theatre of the mind

Fri 26 Nov 2021, 09:36

As someone who grew up on Swedish RPG's in the 80's and 90's, I never really got into battle mats and miniatures.

It just doesn't feel right to me.

So I'm gonna run the game without the battle mats and without markers or miniatures.

Am I alone in this, or are any of you guys gonna do it too?

What do you do with the rules that are very "hex focused" in some cases?
Like ranges for weapons, explosions and other stuff?

On page 54 of the Players Handbook it states that you just multiply any range in hexes with 10 to get the range in meters, so that's not that hard, but explosive area and such will be a bit trickier, but solveable.

Fenhorn

Re: How many are going to run this as theatre of the mind

Fri 26 Nov 2021, 11:24

I don't think explosion areas will be that difficult. I mean when I played Neotech, MUA or M2 (or any other games from the past) grenades used explosion radius and so does T2K4, an explosion with a blast power of C, has a C radius of 5 meters and a D radius of 15 meters (C+10).
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

leonpoi

Fri 26 Nov 2021, 17:32

I’ll do mostly without hexes - shouldn’t be that hard to sort out, even for explosions!

Oddball_E8
Topic Author

Sat 27 Nov 2021, 05:25

I don't think explosion areas will be that difficult. I mean when I played Neotech, MUA or M2 (or any other games from the past) grenades used explosion radius and so does T2K4, an explosion with a blast power of C, has a C radius of 5 meters and a D radius of 15 meters (C+10).
Oh wow, I must have been really tired when writing that.

Yeah, of course the first hex is 5 meters since the blast is in the center, and then you just add 10m per hex.