LegoFalke
Topic Author

Karlsborg

Sat 21 Aug 2021, 14:24

It's stated in the book that it will be described further in future modules. Well, my players just made their chars. One for example is a Swedish paratrooper and my brother, who is also a player (US Airborne Brigader General, the terms never stopped coming :)) served att Karlsborg IRL so I am pretty sure the players will want to go there!
I don't have problems with creating my own stuff but It is such a shame. Can you please stop putting things in the middle of the maps that will be described further some other time! :lol:
Or does anyone have a brilliant idea for stopping my players from going there before above mentioned, future modules arrive?

andresk

Re: Karlsborg

Wed 25 Aug 2021, 10:22

Say it's nuked.

Tomas
Site Admin

Thu 26 Aug 2021, 13:49

It's stated in the book that it will be described further in future modules. Well, my players just made their chars. One for example is a Swedish paratrooper and my brother, who is also a player (US Airborne Brigader General, the terms never stopped coming :)) served att Karlsborg IRL so I am pretty sure the players will want to go there!
I don't have problems with creating my own stuff but It is such a shame. Can you please stop putting things in the middle of the maps that will be described further some other time! :lol:
Or does anyone have a brilliant idea for stopping my players from going there before above mentioned, future modules arrive?
Karlsborg, Lake Mälaren and Stockholm are the only areas of Sweden we intend to cover in coming modules - for all of the rest of the country, you're on your own. :)
There is some information about Karlsborg in the Referee's Manual, and there will be plenty more in the upcoming Urban Operations module (which will also feature Krakow). If you don't want to wait for that, you can of course create your own version of the town. It won't break anything else in the game. :)
Fria Ligan

LegoFalke
Topic Author

Tue 31 Aug 2021, 21:10

Karlsborg, Lake Mälaren and Stockholm are the only areas of Sweden we intend to cover in coming modules - for all of the rest of the country, you're on your own. :)
There is some information about Karlsborg in the Referee's Manual, and there will be plenty more in the upcoming Urban Operations module (which will also feature Krakow). If you don't want to wait for that, you can of course create your own version of the town. It won't break anything else in the game. :)
Thanks for the info! :)

Vader

Mon 06 Sep 2021, 17:50

Hang on — so you create this huge big mystery about what's going on on Gotland, but you're not going to tell us anything about it?
Before you use the word "XENOMORPH" again, you should read this article through:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/aliens-throwaway-line-confusion

Fenhorn

Mon 06 Sep 2021, 18:19

Hang on — so you create this huge big mystery about what's going on on Gotland, but you're not going to tell us anything about it?
I think that text box is meant as a hook and hooks are usually left to be done by the GM. Why not you do a write up on what happened there. You seems to be at least to some degree a "MÖP", meaning you have the knowledge to write something interesting about it.

* MÖP - SWE: 'Militärt Överintresserad Person'. I have no idea what this i called in English but direct translated to English would be Militarily Over-interested Person.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Vader

Tue 07 Sep 2021, 09:26

I think that text box is meant as a hook and hooks are usually left to be done by the GM. Why not you do a write up on what happened there. You seems to be at least to some degree a "MÖP", meaning you have the knowledge to write something interesting about it.

* MÖP - SWE: 'Militärt Överintresserad Person'. I have no idea what this i called in English but direct translated to English would be Militarily Over-interested Person.

That must be it, then.

*) I always say, I'll much rather be considered a MÖP than a MOP (Militärt Okunnig Person) or even a MUP (Militärt Underinsatt Person).
Before you use the word "XENOMORPH" again, you should read this article through:

Fenhorn

Tue 07 Sep 2021, 09:35

<>
I always say, I'll much rather be considered a MÖP than a MOP (Militärt Okunnig Person) or even a MUP (Militärt Underinsatt Person).
Yup, I consider myself that, MÖP that is, on a more humble level these days though.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Vader

Fri 31 Dec 2021, 14:34

Karlsborg, Lake Mälaren and Stockholm are the only areas of Sweden we intend to cover in coming modules

Just got reminded of one thing on this subject — any chance the Urban Operations module will provide a rationale for why Karlsborg has been relocated to Mölltorp?