Jedo
Topic Author

Selling Compatible Maps

Tue 22 Jun 2021, 21:07

So is there any issue with selling either travel maps or battle maps in the T2K 4e 'style' and listing them on DTRPG as compatible with T2K? This would just be the map with the appropriate hex grid as a pdf, and not contain any actual game content.

Since T2K is a licensed property, I can see there being restrictions on what is allowed.

Ursus Maior

Re: Selling Compatible Maps

Tue 22 Jun 2021, 21:40

Well, I don't know about laws in your neck of the woods (do check them at all times, please), but here where I live, hex maps with dots in the middle are not specifically T2K related, nor is the 10 m per hex scale intellectual property. I think, once you drop their name or the name of the game, you'd be in for royalties, though. Of course, it would be polite to talk to FL, when planning such a project. I don't know, how they roll, but they might give you their ideas and you give them yours and in the end you know their boundaries and then you decide if you call it "T2K maps" for a price or just "10 m scale hex maps".

Really, this seems to me something you don't talk about on their official board, but with them via email.
liber & infractus

Tomas
Site Admin

Thu 24 Jun 2021, 16:59

Yes, offering 10-meter scale hex maps on DTRPG is perfectly fine, but if you want to reference Twilight: 2000 we'd strongly recommend you to publish them via our community content program Free League Workshop, which will soon include Twilight: 2000. That will also likely get a lot more eyeballs on the product! :)
Fria Ligan

Jedo
Topic Author

Fri 25 Jun 2021, 20:37

Hey, that is awesome news! I figured that since T2K was licensed it would not be part of the workshop.

I guess we will continue this thread over in the workshop section when that update happens.

Thanks!

baldrick0712

Sat 26 Jun 2021, 06:00

So is there any issue with selling either travel maps or battle maps in the T2K 4e 'style' and listing them on DTRPG as compatible with T2K? This would just be the map with the appropriate hex grid as a pdf, and not contain any actual game content.

Since T2K is a licensed property, I can see there being restrictions on what is allowed.
What travel maps do you intend to produce? West Germany? Turkey? Maybe even the UK? I know people hated the idea of the Soviets invading the UK but as a Brit, I would welcome a UK travel map.