Lemur
Topic Author

Running Throne of Thorne's with 5e

Sat 27 Nov 2021, 19:49

I'm planning to run Throne of Thorne's with the 5e rules.

First off, about levels, would this work you think?
Wrath of the Warden: lvl 1-3
The Witch Hammer: lvl 4-6
The Darkest Star: lvl 7-9
Mother of Darkness: lvl 10-13
Alberetor: lvl 14-16
Last book: lvl 17+

How would you do with XP and leveling? One level per act since there's three acts/book?

Second, is there any rumors about a special foundry VTT module for Symbaroum 5e. Or should I just start to prep with the official 5e module?

Third, if I use monsters from the official DnD monster manual as standins for Symbaroum monsters. Will they be too powerful?

Leny BluKazoo Uchiha

Re: Running Throne of Thorne's with 5e

Sun 28 Nov 2021, 07:34

My group ran through the Promised Land and soon Jakaad's Heart at level 1. I plan to run the copper crown first and start the ToT at level 4 and don't know yet how I'm gonna level them there myself. I'm using standard 5e for the VTT and add whats needed. It's scuffed but I honestly wanna test what they have and we use foundry so it is what it is while we wait for the official Ruin of Symbaroum VTT to come out. The official VTT should release with the books shipment I believe so its up to you if you wanna wait that long. The current playtest PDFs list recommended 5e monsters to use and there is also the long extensive list of creatures from the bestiary to use as well. I don't think you will see too many issues if you substitute 5e creatures for the ones you may need. Just make on the fly adjustments as needed if you need to scale difficulty.

BytomMan

Mon 24 Jan 2022, 17:56

From various interviews I’ve heard, it sounds like Matthias intends to publish the whole chronicle for 5E.

hellquist

Thu 27 Jan 2022, 01:41

Second, is there any rumors about a special foundry VTT module for Symbaroum 5e. Or should I just start to prep with the official 5e module?

The Kickstarter campaign unlocked the following modules for FoundryVTT:

* Players Guide
* Gamemasters Guide
* Bestiary

SoulAngel

Fri 28 Jan 2022, 10:31

I will start wednesday the haunted waste with lvl 8 players.
I have looked several fight of the book, i have taken the similar monster in 5e bestiary, look at their xp... it fits to lvl 8/9 at the start of the campaign.