Mattias_JH
Topic Author

Alpha Feedback - Bestiary

Mon 18 Oct 2021, 15:00

Hello!

Please use this thread to report any typos or errors in the Alpha PDF of the Ruins of Symbaroum - Bestiary. Guidelines to remember:
  • Before reporting an error, please check and see if it already has been reported, and if so, don't report it again.
  • If you want to discuss or feedback something that is not a clear error, don't do it here - instead, please start a new forum post the specific issue.
  • Please report your feedback no later than October 26, 2021. After this date, we are likely not able to make any further changes
Thank you!

SoulAngel

Re: Alpha Feedback - Bestiary

Mon 18 Oct 2021, 16:15

Hello,

Thanks for the MC!
I love the design and the additionnal content compared to original version.
I have a small request: is it possible to have a summary table of the Challenge Rating for the monster:
"Like: CR 1: xxx, xyz, abc
CR2: def, ghi...

It would be easier for GM to build encounter!

Vikingwalrus1

Mon 18 Oct 2021, 16:16

I cannot download the file from DrivethruRPG.com, I keep getting the following error code "FAILED - {"error":"The requested source file could not be found.: \/data\/rawpdfs\/rpg\/Free League Publishing\/S5E-Bestiary_Alpha.pdf"}"

Fenhorn

Mon 18 Oct 2021, 16:22

I cannot download the file from DrivethruRPG.com, I keep getting the following error code "FAILED - {"error":"The requested source file could not be found.: \/data\/rawpdfs\/rpg\/Free League Publishing\/S5E-Bestiary_Alpha.pdf"}"
It might be faster (might be) if you email support@frialigan.se about this.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

malovech

Mon 18 Oct 2021, 16:47

"Sing the World Serpent"

Should be "Song of the World Serpent" maybe?

AKA_Kira

Mon 18 Oct 2021, 17:35

If you are following the comments on the Kickstarter, a refresh seems to have resolved the download issue.

AKA_Kira

Mon 18 Oct 2021, 17:36

Hello,

Thanks for the MC!
I love the design and the additionnal content compared to original version.
I have a small request: is it possible to have a summary table of the Challenge Rating for the monster:
"Like: CR 1: xxx, xyz, abc
CR2: def, ghi...

It would be easier for GM to build encounter!
In conjunction to the above, also having them listed by Region, or where they would most likely be found would also help in generating encounters

seraph777

Mon 18 Oct 2021, 19:13

Hi, it looks fab! Thanks so much for the Alpha.

I did have trouble downloading and then opening the pdf. I manged to open in in my Chrome browser, however the heading text is garbled (font attachment). When trying to open in Adobe Acrobat from my desktop it gave me errors (Adobe_1 attachment) and wouldn't display properly.

Thanks
Steve
Attachments
Font.JPG
Font.JPG (142.31 KiB) Viewed 1595 times
Adobe_1.jpg
Adobe_1.jpg (243.7 KiB) Viewed 1595 times

tulku

Mon 18 Oct 2021, 21:20

Hi! Thanks for the Alpha. Very minor comment, but you could consider adding the introduction to the table of contents and also add the contents to the PDF itself so its easier to navigate from the sidebar.

Spat

Mon 18 Oct 2021, 21:36

As the timing is very short I will start posting remarks about what I found :
p.10, Excerpt from Taar’s prophecy : the police chosen is really difficult to read.
p.14, Bestiaal Clawing Fighter and Glint Carrier : Enlarged doesn’t seem a Trait the creature has naturally as it is Medium, but only after using Metamorphosis. So maybe it should be only in the table p.15. Also it seems a bit messy as the Metamorphosis seems to exchange the creature abilities such as Blood Frenzy or its AC, which makes it unclear. I would suggest the Monster stat bloc only includes what is a Bestiaal without Metamorphosis, when they wake up as said, and the Metamorphosis table lists what comes after a bonus action. Also there could be a description of the metamorphosis, like what corresponds to Awareness (large nostrils ?), Blood Frenzy (Red Eyes ?), etc…
p.18, Adventure Set-up, 2nd § : « check opens up the option to feed, and hence clam, the creature. » «I think « calm » is meant.
p.20, Discovering Corrupt Nature : the condition to discover this (DC15 + Feature) seems a bit harsh when you read the description. It seems obvious a place with « all vegetation blackened » is not natural. So maybe the check should be easier and based on common skill like Survival, or the check should bring more information to seem fair for players.
p.22, "In common for" part : « they can infect with corruption, punish outbreaks of corruption » I don’t understand this part. Maybe « punish with outbreaks »
p.23 Intruder Daemon : the Dex Save should be +5
p.27, Regeneration in stat block : the Regeneration Trait of the Leader is inferior to the Hunter’s one. Is it normal ?
p.35 : Lindworm stat bloc : it misses the Corruption Threshold of 13.
Enthrall : does the effect end automatically after the first turn, and after the victim can act normally, or the Enthrall starts again on the following round ? « when a creature first tries to act against » could mean both, as if the Save is failed you normally don’t « act against ». It should be cleared with a note like « until successful » or « just once »
Flick of its Tail : the description doesn’t say what is the trigger of the Reaction. « When a creature enters its reach » or whatever. You need a trigger to take a Reaction.
Command : if we compare with 5E vocabulary, it is more a « Dominate » than a « Command », as the Charmed condition doesn’t make you forget who your allies are, nor does the 5E Command spell.