n4tune8

Re: Concerns about the Player's Guide

Wed 10 Nov 2021, 22:47

I wasn't aware of that. In that case, thank you for taking the time to listen to us (or more precisely, to those who were part of that development loop). I can't wait to see the final PDFs!

Jacob Rodgers

Wed 10 Nov 2021, 22:56

I wasn't aware of that. In that case, thank you for taking the time to listen to us (or more precisely, to those who were part of that development loop). I can't wait to see the final PDFs!
We definitely listened to everyone who posted here! We very much appreciated the feedback. Bringing a whole new game forth (even for a developed setting) is a challenge and a half and one we couldn't have done without y'all's help.

Barbarianbob

Thu 11 Nov 2021, 08:24

We were able to do a "semi-closed" development loop where we were able to do some more development and feedback. We didn't have time to open up to the general public but we did look very hard at each of the issues raised and made lots of adjustments (which we then evaluated). Most of the classes now have a maximum of three 'regular' attacks, plus something interesting to do with their bonus action or reaction, whether that's an additional conditional attack opportunity or something else that allows them to buff themselves or team members.
Interesting indeed. Looking forward to seeing it. Thanks Jacob.

SoulAngel

Thu 11 Nov 2021, 13:21

Me too. I hope we received the pdf soon

BytomMan

Fri 12 Nov 2021, 04:38

All,

Jacob Rodgers was responsible for converting and proofreading much of The One Ring for Adventures in Middle-Earth 5E for Cubicle Seven. Those books turned out great, so I would be confident about this project!
We definitely listened to everyone who posted here! We very much appreciated the feedback. Bringing a whole new game forth (even for a developed setting) is a challenge and a half and one we couldn't have done without y'all's help.

Ugglefar
Topic Author

Sat 13 Nov 2021, 01:43

Even though I would have preferred an open play test of the game, and not the very short alpha only, I think the team has done a great job.

Converting a game to a new rule system means a lot of compromises, and I think there would have been less concern from the player base if we got more updates of why certain decisions were made.
Almost every time Jacob answered me when I commented some of the design choices his answers made me change my opinion.

Will this version of Symbaroum be my personal best version? Probably not. Will it still be a good game? I am certain that it will.
Also my version of Symbaroum probably wouldn't be popular with everyone else either.

The big divide is should Ruins of Symbaroum be D&D 5e with a Symbaroum feeling to it, or Symbaroum with D&D 5e feeling to it? As I have understood it the team went with the former, and that is okay.