Barbarianbob
Topic Author

Changeling - Pariah?

Thu 16 Sep 2021, 05:31

Considering the background and origin of Changelings, how do they not start with Pariah?

Barbarianbob
Topic Author

Re: Changeling - Pariah?

Mon 20 Sep 2021, 22:23

Hello Again All..just checking in. No replies on this? I figured others may have the same question. How is it Changelings do not have Pariah?

Jacob Rodgers

Tue 21 Sep 2021, 04:25

We will be discussing all feedback and carefully considering changes.

As for immediate responses, I've been trying to confine myself to issues where the alpha draft is unclear, to avoid folks from walking too far down a road they don't need to. I haven't been perfect at that task, but in areas where there is a lot of gray area (especially for something where a particular character might be able to conceal their origin through various means, and a strict reading of a trait might be taken to make a negative apply all the time) there's time set aside for internal review and discussion.

Ugglefar

Tue 21 Sep 2021, 05:08

We will be discussing all feedback and carefully considering changes.

As for immediate responses, I've been trying to confine myself to issues where the alpha draft is unclear, to avoid folks from walking too far down a road they don't need to. I haven't been perfect at that task, but in areas where there is a lot of gray area (especially for something where a particular character might be able to conceal their origin through various means, and a strict reading of a trait might be taken to make a negative apply all the time) there's time set aside for internal review and discussion.

I can see how a changeling that would have grown up as a human and would be very familiar with human customs would be able to interact more smoothly with humans than a goblin, even though fear and prejudices would be present here as well. So in that sense I don't think they would need an actual game mechanical disadvantage for social interaction with humans.

Although unrelated to this specific post I would take the opportunity to say that I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we think you guys are doing a terrific job with converting Symbaroum to 5e. I myself try to pressure the game design choices as much as possible during the feedback so that all game design choices are properly scrutinized from as many different angles as possible.

Barbarianbob
Topic Author

Tue 21 Sep 2021, 05:48

I agree 100% I don't mind them not having it. More of a curiosity as to the design choice.

But, like Uggelfar said, I'm very appreciative of you guys bringing Symbaroum to 5e. Very excited and more than happy to support the project. Wonderful setting and outstanding material.