goonytunes

Re: Alpha Feedback - Player's Guide Section 3 Character Origins

Wed 01 Sep 2021, 03:16

page 46: Feature: Bushcraft -- "...food and water to feed [themselves] while being..." (revise 'themself'). Also on page 72.
page 48: Shapeshifting: capitalize Change Self.
page 50: Suggested Characteristics: "Many folks have turned away from you. Your disappointment in them..." (consider adding a period).
page 50: 1d8 Personality Trait: 1) capitalize Iron 'Pact'
page 53: Earth Bound: does your current Corruption total reduce your maximum hit points on a 1:1 basis? Or does it just incur damage to your existing hit points? Or both? This is similar question for the Undead feature.
page 56: Suggested Characteristics: uncapitalize Dwarves here.
page 62: Feature: Orator -- "If the enemy can hear and understand you, and you have spoken within 1 minute before combat begins, then those enemies..." (consider adding commas).
page 63: Suggested Characteristics: "...to prevent disaster tomorrow. As you gain knowledge of the world outside the forest, will you remain..." (consider removing the But at sentence start, same on page 66).
page 68: Suggested Characteristics: "You are a goblin as they should have always been: wild, free, and able to do anything you wish." (consider adding colon).
page 73: Close to the Earth: "You also know the current phase of the moon, and the number of days until the next solstice or equinox." (consider removing 'to the day at any time'?)
page 76: Merchant: "These are the merchants of Ambria, and even some of the clanfolk..." (consider adding comma).
page 78: Feature: Practical Knowledge: if the new task is a skill check, do you roll an Intelligence ability check against a pre-determined DC, pass, and then gain advantage on the original skill check? Or does your Intelligence ability check, made at advantage, replace the need to roll for the new task skill check? Maybe some clarification here would be good.
page 84: Feature: Routine Punishment -- "You have been in many scrapes over the years and lost your fair share of conflicts, but you always got back up - every time" (removes the But at sentence start).
page 89: Suggested Characteristics: consider a sentence revision? "The world seems both exciting and frightening: you are split between the comforts of home and the thrill of exploration." -or- "The world seems both exciting and frightening; you are homesick one minute, and full of wanderlust the next".

Looking awesome so far! Very excited!

sandor7

Wed 01 Sep 2021, 18:48

page 62. mediator ideal #1 "Discussion" should be bold to stay consistent with the other ideals.

bullhakov

Wed 01 Sep 2021, 19:25

Hi,
I wanted to ask for the witch's spell list on page 189. Compared to the other lists, it has extremely few available spells. Is it intentional?

sandor7

Wed 01 Sep 2021, 21:44

Page 74, ideal: "In the words of the Lawgiver is the foundation for a life worth living." Seems like a word is missing.

sandor7

Thu 02 Sep 2021, 13:00

page 91 "undead You do not naturally heal during a long rest, instead you must either drink blood or consume raw flesh during a long rest to restore your single Hit Die, which you can then use to regain hit points or reduce temporary Corruption", but, as i understand it, undead do not accrue temporary corruption, instead they take any temporary corruption as HP damage ("Physical Degeneration. The undead have no souls, and any Corruption that they accrue instead causes physical degeneration of their body. This is represented by your current Corruption total reducing your available hit points on a 1:1 basis."). is this an error, or am i interpretting things in incorrectly?

Jacob Rodgers

Thu 02 Sep 2021, 15:46

page 91 "undead You do not naturally heal during a long rest, instead you must either drink blood or consume raw flesh during a long rest to restore your single Hit Die, which you can then use to regain hit points or reduce temporary Corruption", but, as i understand it, undead do not accrue temporary corruption, instead they take any temporary corruption as HP damage ("Physical Degeneration. The undead have no souls, and any Corruption that they accrue instead causes physical degeneration of their body. This is represented by your current Corruption total reducing your available hit points on a 1:1 basis."). is this an error, or am i interpretting things in incorrectly?
While reducing your available hit points by your Corruption total is like taking damage, it is not damage. Reducing your Corruption total (by spending a Hit Die) will also increase your available hit point total (since your Corruption total went down you available hit points goes up), so it is like healing but technically different. The reason it matters is because an undead character can also take physical damage. Healing hit points won't return hp that has been reduced by Corruption and lowering Corruption won't return hp that was lost due to damage. So undead effectively have two damage tracks that they'll need to pay attention to.

Spat

Thu 02 Sep 2021, 21:05

Page 49 : is a blank Page in my pdf
Page 54 : Feature Haunted, it is not clear if you can use the prophecy die once, or whenever you want.
Page 58 : 1st § : « page XX » needs to be specified, related with Elves in the Bestiary.
Page 58, 2nd §, « by humans known as the Iron Pact », « known by humans » would be clearer.
Page 60, Ideal Table, « none-the-less » should be spelled « nonetheless » I think

Spat

Fri 03 Sep 2021, 19:07

Page 63 : Tool Proficiencies is missing the « (choose one) » to be consistent with other pages, as page 66 for example.
Page 65 : missing image ?
Page 66, Bond table : « I had one old hand who showed me the ropes. I wonder where they are now? « . Are you using "they" to avoid he / she ?.
Page 66, Bond table : « I used to have a great love, but they had to leave long ago. I miss them. ». Same question than previous ?
Page 68, Tool proficiencies : Should you gain 1 proficiency to choose amongst the 4 proposed, or all of them, it is unclear ? If 1 of them, then « (choose one) » is missing.
Page 73, Skill Proficiencies and Tool Proficiencies are missing the « (choose one) » to be consistent with other pages.
Page 74, Ideal table : « Deliverance. Prios will guide your steps in this life, if your payers are sincere. » Missing a « r » in « prayers ».
Page 74, Flaw table : « This way was chosen for me, I am very melancholy about my life because of this. » « melancholic » seems better.
Page 76, Skill and Tool Proficiencies, « chose one » is missing an « o », if you can choose.

Spat

Fri 03 Sep 2021, 21:44

Page 77, Bond Table : « My weapon is an heirloom, and using it feels like honoring those that did not make it. » I have the feeling it makes more sense with « honoring those that made it » ?
Page 81 : missing picture ?
Page 83 : Tool Proficiencies is missing the « (choose one) » to be consistent with other pages
Page 84, Suggested characteristics : It looks as if it were missing a space between « your weapons », but maybe it is only an illusion.
Page 86, Tough Skin : the feature, even though it has the same name has the one for Ogres, has not the same description and is less effective. Is it on purpose ?
Page 88, Artefact collector. It seems one sentence misses a verb (in capital) : « and it is important to them that such objects DO not remain in the wrong place or in the wrong hands.
Page 88, Tool proficiencies is missing the « (choose one) » to be consistent with other pages.
Page 88, Equipment, maybe a missing part in a sentence (in capital) : « taken at face value for the metal content and THE FACT that arguing with trolls is unwise ».
Page 91, the page layout leaves a big blank at the top.
Page 92, Flaw table, "I am desperately scared that someone will find out; and of what I will do to them." are you using them to avoid him / her ?

sandor7

Sat 04 Sep 2021, 03:57

Page 74 ideals: "Deliverance. Prios will guide your steps in this life, if your payers are sincere. Success follows faith, and failure is a reflection of your doubt." Should this say "... if your prayers are sincere?"
Page 76 ideals "Risk and reward. If you do what others do, you get what others get. I go where few dares, to get the returns I crave." Should this say "I go where few dare...?"
Page 76 flaws "I don’t get people who value other things than money." Should this say "I don’t get people who value things other than money."
Page 78 equipment "Equipment: A kit to match your tool proficiency, thick robes and 8 + 2d6 shillings." Should be "2d6 + 8 shillings."