Davekay
Topic Author

Resurrection spells

Sat 20 Jun 2020, 18:06

Another point of discussion regarding Theurgs is the possibility to cast resurrection type spells or similar.
In the original system of Symbaroum, they are not capable to resurrect people, and the use of this kind of mystcal powers or rituals are seen as blasphemous regarding the doctrine of Prios (only necromancers or Dark Lords practice this kind of magic).
I suggest that Theurgs should not have those kind of spells at their disposal. (ex. Revivify)

samirvsmachine

Re: Resurrection spells

Sat 20 Jun 2020, 22:45

I kind of agree with the OP.
I would suggest have a section of the 5E Symbaroum with recommended or optional spell changes or restrictions.
One option is attempting ressurrecr someone should award corruption.

Jacob Rodgers

Sun 21 Jun 2020, 18:35

You'll notice that Theurgs have a very specific list of spells that are available to them. Those spells were very carefully chosen and that will continue if future releases increase in level.

Davekay
Topic Author

Mon 22 Jun 2020, 09:51

You'll notice that Theurgs have a very specific list of spells that are available to them. Those spells were very carefully chosen and that will continue if future releases increase in level.
I've noticed the spell list, and Revivify is present, and IMHO it should not be available to Theurgs of Prios.

Jacob Rodgers

Mon 22 Jun 2020, 14:41

Yeah, we had quite the debate internally on that spell as well — balancing what was right for Symbaroum with what the 5e system expects. We finally came down on the idea of it being close enough to the 'point of death' that it was acceptable (sort of the magical equivalent of an AED machine). You will notice that it's unfavorable — you can never learn to mitigate the Corruption resulting from the spell. Of course we appreciate all feedback and we'll be talking about everything as plans hopefully move forward.