Ugglefar
Topic Author

Re: Concerns about the Player's Guide

Thu 14 Oct 2021, 01:27

I'm also worried about the state of the Player's Guide from a gameplay point of view, because in my opinion many of the class and subclasses are a little too simple and boring and also lacking customization (why all Outlaw to be optimized must be ranged? Why only some subclasses have Alchemy or Poison Expertise, instead of being a feat that everyone could take?).

I honestly wished that more of the freedom in character creation from the original system would be ported into the 5e conversion.

I actually don't have a problem with this since that is how D&D 5e seems to work a lot of the time.

However, I think that they could have had fewer Approaches in the game and moved some of them to Backgrounds or turned them into feats.

Barbarianbob

Tue 26 Oct 2021, 21:28

Hey All, out of curiosity, has anything been posted or any thing been said from Jacob or anyone on the Free League team, regarding the number of attacks per round? I know all of the martial classes will eventually get 4 attacks per round and that seems a little bit..."overpowered" at least potentially, however, it also seems to lack a certain creativity. I'm "OK" with it, I guess, but I was just curious if anyone heard anything about potentially being changed?

Ugglefar
Topic Author

Tue 26 Oct 2021, 22:31

Hey All, out of curiosity, has anything been posted or any thing been said from Jacob or anyone on the Free League team, regarding the number of attacks per round? I know all of the martial classes will eventually get 4 attacks per round and that seems a little bit..."overpowered" at least potentially, however, it also seems to lack a certain creativity. I'm "OK" with it, I guess, but I was just curious if anyone heard anything about potentially being changed?

Some of the classes seem to have three attacks now.

Barbarianbob

Tue 26 Oct 2021, 23:37

Some of the classes seem to have three attacks now.
Oh Really? Well, that's cool. I wonder what they replaced it with (if anything). Either way, I think that's a good thing. All of them having 4 attacks makes them all sorta look the same (and be potentially over-powered). Variety...the spice of life and all.

I'm excited to get the printed books in hands. Game looks gorgeous!

SoulAngel

Wed 27 Oct 2021, 00:29

Does someone have some news about the "beta" version of PG guide to see all the changes done since the alpha?