Cokes
Topic Author

Ruin5 alpha or preview?

Thu 22 Jul 2021, 10:53

Hi - are there any plans afoot to release alpha or preview pdfs for KS backers of Ruins of Symbaroum as you have done with The One Ring 2e?
My players (and I) would welcome this with eager and open arms :-D

(In the meantime I'm placating them with what I have, liberally seasoned with @johnathan's London homebrew.)

Keep up the good work btw, we love it.
Thx
--R

Jacob Rodgers

Re: Ruin5 alpha or preview?

Thu 22 Jul 2021, 17:48

Yep, in addition to the previews we've shown off here and in the sampler (https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/317720) we have announced that we will be releasing an alpha version of the rules, almost certainly in the 3rd quarter of the year. We're excited that you're excited and can't wait for the feedback!

Cokes
Topic Author

Thu 22 Jul 2021, 17:50

Thx Jacob, that's great to hear :-D We cannae wait!
--R

jonathanpay

Thu 05 Aug 2021, 12:01

Hi - are there any plans afoot to release alpha or preview pdfs for KS backers of Ruins of Symbaroum as you have done with The One Ring 2e?
My players (and I) would welcome this with eager and open arms :-D

(In the meantime I'm placating them with what I have, liberally seasoned with @johnathan's London homebrew.)

Keep up the good work btw, we love it.
Thx
--R
Would love to hear what you've used and what you thought of it? Have you been converting any of the existing adventures? Or doing your own thing?
Christian. Husband. Father. Antipodean. Egalitarian. Cinephile. Boardgame and ttrpg enthusiast. Jack-of-all-trades. World's first second-generation email geek.

Cokes
Topic Author

Mon 09 Aug 2021, 11:11

We've not started yet (I'm finishing Coriolis: The Dying Ship first).
Our 5e DM has been the hardest sell so far - he said he thought it would be too dark for him, but I'm slowly winning him over.
Darker? Yes, but not too dark.

Apart from the amazing game art, a new game world, and familiar 5e rules, the biggest interest is in the Corruption mechanic.
I love this too. It makes magic more awesome, and costly.
(Mechanically, it reminds me a little of DCC where magic-users aren't necessarily constrained by spell slots.)

So once we finish The Dying Ship, my next up is Symbaroum.
I like to use published adventures (with ad-libs), and I plan on starting with the journey through the Titans and into the Copper Crown adventures.
I'll just wing it with monster and npc stats and see how that goes.
We'll be using last summer's Ruins sampler, and your London content too (so they don't have to just play a human or goblin), unless an official preview comes out in time.
One player really fancies playing a Revenant.

I'll definitely post back here with my experiences.
--R

jonathanpay

Mon 10 Apr 2023, 13:06

I'll definitely post back here with my experiences.
2 years on, how much RoS have you played?
Christian. Husband. Father. Antipodean. Egalitarian. Cinephile. Boardgame and ttrpg enthusiast. Jack-of-all-trades. World's first second-generation email geek.