tensen01
Topic Author

PDF Add-ons?

Fri 16 Apr 2021, 00:54

So under the Add-ons it's only showing the physical books, but are the PDFs available as add-ons on their own? I tend to prefer just getting the Players book as physical and the other books digital.

Mattias_JH

Re: PDF Add-ons?

Fri 16 Apr 2021, 14:37

Sorry, but we will not offer digital add-ons during the KS campaign, mainly because its main purpose is to sponsor the postproduction, printing and shipping of the physical products. I hope you are okay with waiting for those books as PDFs until the official release.

tensen01
Topic Author

Fri 16 Apr 2021, 19:04

Sorry, but we will not offer digital add-ons during the KS campaign, mainly because its main purpose is to sponsor the postproduction, printing and shipping of the physical products. I hope you are okay with waiting for those books as PDFs until the official release.
That doesn't make any sense. You would think that offering PDF add-ons would HELP that, as you're getting money for items that require no shipping or printing, which you are already producing and offering otherwise. It's basically free money to fund post production, printing, and shipping of the physical products. The fact that you are offering completely digital tiers contradicts what you are saying completely. I mean, I can back for an entire set of nothing but digital rewards, nothing physical at all, but I can't back for a physical copy of of the main book and then also pay for digitals of the other books? I cannot wrap my head around that at all. Honestly, it's kinda killed my interest in backing entirely.

Mattias_JH

Sat 17 Apr 2021, 09:19

Sorry to hear that. And I was obviously too vague in my attempt at an explanation.
Yes, you make a fair point. We have actually had digital-only add-ons in one or two kickstarter campaigns long ago. However, it is more of a back-end and management issue - every item introduced adds to the workload and complexity when it comes to things like the pledge manager and, eventually, fulfillment. This is true even if the item itself is already included in an existing pledge level.
In other words, we have learned that we must draw some kind of line somewhere when it comes to what products to offer as add-ons, and in this case (like in our previous KS campaigns) the line drawn means that the featured add-ons are prints. Again, I'm sorry if you don't agree with this decision and if it makes you loose interest in the project.