ottarrus
Topic Author

TOR Box Set Availability

Tue 25 Jan 2022, 15:02

So, I missed the Kickstarter for TOR.
Since KS fulfillment has just started, when will the boxed set be available for retail purchase? I plan on ordering direct from the US warehouse.

Fenhorn

Re: TOR Box Set Availability

Tue 25 Jan 2022, 15:22

Perhaps that is something that they will tell us in the upcoming update stream.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

ottarrus
Topic Author

Tue 25 Jan 2022, 15:41

Well, I posted the question two days in advance. Hopefully they'll answer :ugeek:

steviewevie

Tue 25 Jan 2022, 15:56

You'll find it at some retailers, because there was a retail pledge level for the KS, and some retailers backed it.

Thranduil's Elk

Tue 25 Jan 2022, 16:06

Yeah; some of the online retailers here in the US are listing it for pre-order. And at the rate they're fulfilling KS pledges you might get it before those of us who actually backed it!
Not all who wander are lost....

ottarrus
Topic Author

Tue 25 Jan 2022, 16:50

Yeah; some of the online retailers here in the US are listing it for pre-order. And at the rate they're fulfilling KS pledges you might get it before those of us who actually backed it!
Well, I certainly wouldn't want to take a copy out of the hands of someone that put the seed money into it. That's what Kickstarter is all about, after all.
But given the need for cards and special dice in the game, I'd like to have a 'dead tree' copy. Maybe it's just my generation or something, but a physical copy of a book, game, or video tells me that I actually OWN what I bought, instead of just renting it and waiting until some new IP owner decides to disable my purchased item so they can resell it to me.

ottarrus
Topic Author

Tue 25 Jan 2022, 22:49

@Fenhorn
Will the TOR main rule book be available with cards, dice and maps, or should I buy the Starter Set instead?
I admit to being reluctant to do that because I'm not that big a fan of hobbits or The Shire
[yeah, yeah, I know: "HERETIC! BURN the heretic!" but I just hate over the top silly cuteness]

Fenhorn

Tue 25 Jan 2022, 23:01

@Fenhorn
Will the TOR main rule book be available with cards, dice and maps, or should I buy the Starter Set instead?
I admit to being reluctant to do that because I'm not that big a fan of hobbits or The Shire
[yeah, yeah, I know: "HERETIC! BURN the heretic!" but I just hate over the top silly cuteness]
I don't work for FL, I'm just moderating their forum, but this is an excellent question for the stream, but in general what you see in the pre-order regarding bundles and whatnot is pretty much what will be available when it is released.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

ottarrus
Topic Author

Wed 26 Jan 2022, 00:02

Thanks. I didn't know you weren't an employee. Sorry about bombarding you with all this.