borusa100

Re: Physical Goods Very Nice

Sun 23 Jan 2022, 14:30

I agree with the sentiments-my pledge arrived on Friday and I am cracking on setting things up .The printing on inside cover is also found in the Warhammer starter set by C7. The idea is you insert the bottom half into the lid at ninety degrees and have a 'sort of' Loremaster screen.

AprendizdeBrujo

Mon 24 Jan 2022, 23:11

I love the quality of it all - except the dice. I'm not talking about the error, I'm talking about their design and physical quality. They look and feel really cheap to me. The design of the border of each face isn't very attractive, and they don't look as good as the renders shown in the KS. I don't think that their glossiness helps at all in this. The white on the regular dice looks kind of sickly, and IMHO should have been more off-white as in the renders.

The quality of the core rulebook is amazing. Shame that the dice are a let-down and I feel like I wasted my money on them, but that's not the end of the world of course.
I agree with this, I've got first edition's deluxe dice set and they look way nicer. I hope they remake them in a more matte/bone finish.

collin

Tue 25 Jan 2022, 00:17

Still waiting on my Precious...plus some add-ons. Does backer order matter at all? I was 368. Still haven't received my tracking info email.

eternalsage

Tue 25 Jan 2022, 00:35

I honestly don't know how the order was/is determined, but chillin two weeks in with not a peep. I had collector's, gm screen, starter, and 3 additional sets of dice. I would have figured I would have been near the front based on size of order as they initially stated. I'm going to give it till the end of the week since they guessed it might be a 3 week process. Then my inner Karen might show, lol. I'd even settle for an update giving us status overall. If I knew we were only halfway there, or more info on the priority of shipping then I'd feel a lot better
“It is useless to meet revenge with revenge; it will heal nothing.” - Frodo Baggins, Return of the King

Calle

Tue 25 Jan 2022, 01:01

I honestly don't know how the order was/is determined, but chillin two weeks in with not a peep. I had collector's, gm screen, starter, and 3 additional sets of dice. I would have figured I would have been near the front based on size of order as they initially stated. I'm going to give it till the end of the week since they guessed it might be a 3 week process. Then my inner Karen might show, lol. I'd even settle for an update giving us status overall. If I knew we were only halfway there, or more info on the priority of shipping then I'd feel a lot better
Free League will have a You Tube chat about TOR on the 27th of january :)

eternalsage

Tue 25 Jan 2022, 01:10

Oh perfect! Bless Free League. Everytime I inch toward frustration they already have a plan in place. Thanks for the heads up!
“It is useless to meet revenge with revenge; it will heal nothing.” - Frodo Baggins, Return of the King

Xelforp

Tue 25 Jan 2022, 13:32

I feel for you, in the same position myself (rearward stance obviously!) - I went all in, both sets of books, add-ons, cloth maps, dice sets. But living in Iceland takes it toll - the cargo ships will probably not arrive until the snow melts in the spring. Some bad Journey rolls for my fellowship of TOR2.

Balou1917

Tue 25 Jan 2022, 22:58

I feel like a child at Christmas, a spoiled child that is unfairly upset that other kids are playing with their toys and I'm not. Retired life is not conducive to patience.

EvoDoesGood

Thu 27 Jan 2022, 21:02

I'm in the same hole as a lot of folks here. I've been waiting to start my campaign until we get the physical materials for my group and man the anticipation is killing me!

I know how it goes, though, and it'll be here in its own time. After all, Gandalf told us all his opinion on timeliness!
But that's just my two cents

eternalsage

Thu 27 Jan 2022, 21:17

During the live stream they updated expectations on how long fulfillment will take, expecting another couple of weeks. That is nice to know since the previous estimate was 3 weeks, which would end this weekend...

Still... waits.