hsi379

Re: One Ring Dice Set

Fri 14 Jan 2022, 18:44

At least the starter set cover issue is not universal. Mine arrived today and all covers are correctly oriented with their contents.
Anyone else have this issue? It is only the Starter Set Rules booklet that is bound incorrectly. The Adventures and Shire books are fine. I am a USA customer.

Harlath

Fri 14 Jan 2022, 19:04

Hold on to your TOR Spinal Tap dice.
...this made me laugh out loud. (Good, in a day with such news, marring the happiness of seeing people finally getting the game!).

Francesco
My sympathies. I hope this hasn't taken too much of the shine off what should be an exciting time as the designer.

Dunheved

Fri 14 Jan 2022, 22:56

For hsi379: I do not have the issue with any misaligned covers for the books with the starter set. I would suggest that this is a rogue event that has unfortunately happened in your case. Most people are confident that Free League will do the right thing for their customers, and I share that confidence.

I do have my own rogue issue and I have sent the details to Free League, yesterday. My set of black & red Loremaster dice has two of the d6 six sided dice that are inseparable. It's like they have somehow glued each other together.
With the immediate d12 problem that has reared its head, I don't expect to be head of the queue however!
EDIT: I was too pessimistic! Problem solved and new Sauronic dice have already been received. Free League customer service = top notch. Less than a week from post to parcel. Thanks.
Last edited by Dunheved on Sun 23 Jan 2022, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.

gyrovague

Sat 15 Jan 2022, 00:40

Hold on to your TOR Spinal Tap dice.
...this made me laugh out loud.
I have passed the test. I will go into the West, and remain Gyrovague.

Michele

Mon 17 Jan 2022, 12:29

Wait, it wasn't a mistake! It was a gift for the backers, so that their characters would have an extra edge on their rolls... *ba-dum tss* :mrgreen: (sorry)
It is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succour of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till.

Harlath

Mon 17 Jan 2022, 12:41

Wait, it wasn't a mistake! It was a gift for the backers, so that their characters would have an extra edge on their rolls... *ba-dum tss* :mrgreen: (sorry)
That joke is so 1st edition now that edge is gone, as you of all people well know. ;)

Byrax

Mon 17 Jan 2022, 15:10

Update 41 from the Kickstarter:

Hello,

Tomas Härenstam here, CEO of Free League. I'd like to take the opportunity to reach out personally over the issue of the misprinted D12 Feat Dice for The One Ring™. It's clear that we failed to meet our normal standards of quality control here, and for that we apologize. We're also grateful for your patience while we investigated the issue and considered how to resolve it. We're not just a company, we're gamers and massive Tolkien fans ourselves, and for a thing like this to happen just feels horrible. This is what's going to happen now:

The fulfillment now in progress will continue, even with the misprinted dice – orders are going out as we speak and cannot be stopped without causing significant delays, which I don't think anyone wants.
We will reprint the faulty D12 Feat Dice and send them to all backers who want them, at no extra cost. We will offer you a choice of replacement Feat Dice or a 100 SEK personal discount voucher in our webshop. We plan to use the Pledge Manager to manage this – more information on how will follow soon. Please be aware that reprinting the dice will take some time, as we are talking about tens of thousands of dice to be produced and shipped. As soon as we have a clearer timeline, we will update you here, but expect it to take a few months. It is likely that we will be able to ship the replacement dice along with Ruins of the Lost Realm, for those of you who have ordered this book as an add-on. For others, we will send the dice separately. In the meantime, the misprinted dice can be used, counting the 11 as 1, so please don't let the misprint completely stop you from playing the game.
Internally, we are taking steps to change and clarify the organization of this project going forward, to make sure nothing like this can ever occur again. We at Free League take the quality of our games very seriously, and we want to emphasize that what happened here is not acceptable.

Dunheved

Mon 17 Jan 2022, 15:38

Thank you.

Byrax

Mon 17 Jan 2022, 15:57

Yes, this is good customer care! Expensive, but good.

I assume the same will be offered for those who only pre-ordered the game with dice through the webshop (not going by Kickstarter)?
Last edited by Byrax on Mon 17 Jan 2022, 17:13, edited 1 time in total.

Vader

Mon 17 Jan 2022, 16:52

Yes, this is good customer care! Expensive, but good.

Yes, good customer care costs ... in the short term.

In the long term though, it pays back severalfold.
Before you use the word "XENOMORPH" again, you should read this article through:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/aliens-throwaway-line-confusion