Otaku-sempai
Topic Author

Kickstarter: Fulfillment has Started!

Tue 11 Jan 2022, 04:12

I haven't received my pledge yet, but hopefully soon.
UPDATE #39
Fulfillment Has Started!

Hello!

We are happy to report that fulfillment of The One Ring™ has officially begun! Things are going out both from our US (US and Canada) and UK (UK, Europe and ROTW) fulfillment hubs and some of you have already received your pledges. Larger orders are generally prioritized but so is a speedy fulfillment, meaning it's not a strict queue of largest to smallest as some smaller orders will be sent in parallel with the larger ones.

There is one wrinkle to the process though. Due to how handling of large orders from the UK to the EU now work after brexit, we are moving these orders in bulk to a shipment hub in Germany and will ship them from there. This means that these orders will go out at the tail end of fulfillment. This only affects orders to the EU with a value of £150 (~€180/1850SEK) or over. We will make our best efforts to make even these orders go out as quickly as possible.

Fulfillment of a large Kickstarter like this is a complicated and time-consuming business, so we ask for your patience and understanding. We hope the process can be completed in about three weeks, but this is just an estimate, so please do not contact our support staff about your order until after we have announced in an update that the shipping from your hub has been completed. Thank you!

The Ruins of the Lost Realm cover reveal will have to wait a little bit longer while we adjust some details but we think you'll like it.

Until the next update!

/Free League
#FideltyToTolkien

Thranduil's Elk

Re: Kickstarter: Fulfillment has Started!

Thu 13 Jan 2022, 04:11

Still not crazy about the rules, but judging from the unboxing video, the game looks good in hard copy. However, the Eriador map still looks bad because of how they wrote "Eriador," which is a shame because the Shire map looks fantastic. Looking forward to getting my pledge & if we can't gronk the rules, we'll just convert it to another system. And there's always Strider mode...
Not all who wander are lost....

Sebastian

Fri 14 Jan 2022, 18:06

Still not crazy about the rules, but judging from the unboxing video, the game looks good in hard copy. However, the Eriador map still looks bad because of how they wrote "Eriador," which is a shame because the Shire map looks fantastic. Looking forward to getting my pledge & if we can't gronk the rules, we'll just convert it to another system. And there's always Strider mode...

Did you know and play the first edition? The rules - aside from details - were never a state secret. If you don’t like them, I‘d take a look at Adventures in Middle-earth, which is D&D. Or Against the Darkmaster, if you like the oldschool vibe of Merp and Rolemaster. Personally I would like to give it a try with Fate, although I love TOR, but sometimes I like to play even more on the rules-light and storytelling side if rules.

Thranduil's Elk

Fri 14 Jan 2022, 18:51

Did you know and play the first edition? The rules - aside from details - were never a state secret. If you don’t like them, I‘d take a look at Adventures in Middle-earth, which is D&D. Or Against the Darkmaster, if you like the oldschool vibe of Merp and Rolemaster. Personally I would like to give it a try with Fate, although I love TOR, but sometimes I like to play even more on the rules-light and storytelling side if rules.
I did have AiME and hated it, but that was largely because I loathe 5e. I had hoped the changes made to it via the Middle Earth setting would be enough, but not really. I did check out Against the Darkmaster but it has nothing I can't get from the MERP stuff I already own, not that it's bad in and of itself.

We will most likely just convert TOR 2e to White Box or Swords & Wizardry since we already know how to play those and they are streamlined enough. As for the TOR mechanics I don't really care about the adventuring phases anyhow; I just want setting & scenario info. But I've been thinking about ways to incorporate the feat dice at least and have come up with some interesting ideas. The various cultures, virtues, and the like will be a snap to adapt.

And I will definitely try out Strider mode.
Not all who wander are lost....