Asgo

Re: Official Errata and FAQ Thread

Thu 23 Dec 2021, 20:11

Is it just me (or the funky font) or does the title on the map of Eriador on the frontpaper actually say 'ERADOR'?
looks that way. I hadn't noticed even while looking at the map. Without other font references it potentially also could spell 'ERIXDOR' - probably not that likely though. ;)
Ah well, it fits with the two countries of 'ERI' and 'ADOR' on the big map. :)

steviewevie

Fri 24 Dec 2021, 18:58

Core Rulebook

p.212, Balin, 1st para, last sentence, "was with Thorin Oakenshield's on the quest" -> "was with Thorin Oakenshield on the quest".

steviewevie

Sun 26 Dec 2021, 12:51

Core Rulebook

p.219, 2nd column, 1st para, "whence he came from" is wrong and should be either "whence he came" or "where he came from".

Otaku-sempai

Sun 26 Dec 2021, 17:12

Core Rulebook

p.219, 2nd column, 1st para, "whence he came from" is wrong and should be either "whence he came" or "where he came from".
Or, "from whence he came" perhaps?
#FideltyToTolkien

rostranor

Mon 27 Dec 2021, 19:45

Sure looks like Erador to me too.

steviewevie

Mon 27 Dec 2021, 20:14

Core Rulebook

p 224, 1st para, "westward arm" should be "eastward arm", shouldn't it? Since the arm runs from the southern Ered Luin towards the east?

steviewevie

Tue 28 Dec 2021, 21:49

Core rulebook

p.226, diagram - maybe I'm misunderstanding, but shouldn't the label "Staircase to the Dwarven Gate" actually be "Staircase to the Cave"? Because the Dwarven Gate is the room across the bridge, next to the Flooded Chambers, isn't it? At least, that's the only way I could reconcile the diagram with the description, e.g. the Cave description mentioning stairs leading down to the bridge.

ErikSonOfEliah

Wed 29 Dec 2021, 03:31

Core Rulebook

On pg 164, under "Visiting the Treasury," it says that Player-heroes can "return home as a Fellowship phase undertaking," but that isn't listed as one of the available options for Fellowship phase undertakings on pgs 121-123.

Edited:

On P170, under "Using Magic," it says, 'Spells cast by a Wizard or another Loremaster character capable of such feats provoke the increase of
the Eye Awareness score,' but makes no mention of Player-heroes using magic or magical successes. However, the "Not-So-Subtle Magic" section under "Magical Success" refers to the Eye Awareness rules and implies that Player-heroes can also affect the Eye Awareness score, not just Wizards and Loremaster characters.
Last edited by ErikSonOfEliah on Wed 29 Dec 2021, 22:46, edited 1 time in total.

Fragpuss

Wed 29 Dec 2021, 18:56

Is it just me (or the funky font) or does the title on the map of Eriador on the frontpaper actually say 'ERADOR'?
Actually on closer inspection of the font in other places in the book in particular the 'A's, it looks like it does say 'Eriador', the 'I' is just kind of squeezed in there.

As you were.

Cris W

Query re: Skill Point Imbalance between different Cultures

Wed 29 Dec 2021, 21:27

Hi there,
I'm new here so I hope the following is the right way to approach a query.
I've been looking at the cultures in the core rules and Rivendell supplement.
There is an imbalance between the different cultures in terms of the Skill points they have to spend, and I wondered what the logic was behind this? It's not huge, but it is still noticable, as the skill point difference between cultures varies from 18 total to 21 total. Is it all about how you have valued the relative Cultural Blessings of the different Cultures, or do you weight some skills more highly than others... or is there no balance intended?
It is most stark when looking at the Bree Hobbits (core rules p181) as they compare directly to the Men of Bree and Shire Hobbits. As they take the skill point total from Men of Bree (21) they get three more points than their cousins from the Shire (who have 18). Is it that 'Hobbit Sense' of Shire Hobbits is considered sufficiently better than 'Bree Blood' to be worth the 3 point difference? As I've not played the game in a campaign yet I cannot compare the two based on experience - hence my question about your own rationale and experience.
Thank you kindly for your excellent product!
Kind regards
Cris