fahrgast
Topic Author

Singing a walking-song

Sat 27 Nov 2021, 01:03

In most of my adventure phases there is, at most, one Journey, usually at the begining of the adventure. It's not unlikely that the characters are weary after this journey, or after a combat that happens after the journey.

In 2e, songs are used to ignore the effects of being weary. This makes Lays (in councils) or Songs of victory (in combats) relatively useful, but I think that there are not many opportunities where a Walking-song is useful, unless there's a Journey inmediately after a combat or another Journey.

What do you think? Is the usual structure of your adventure phases different? Have your players used any walking-songs?

Niallism

Re: Singing a walking-song

Sat 27 Nov 2021, 04:32

Well of course you can have more than one journey. Or a very long journey. But I think that will come after more play, and learning the balance and so on of 2E.

I think the songs will be chosen by players once they've suffered from that situation. So it'll happen if you play that way. My first few adventures are plotted, but later on they'll be full sandbox, and maybe the company will decide to walk really far.