howard035
Topic Author

Timeline on New Books after Initial Release?

Sun 14 Nov 2021, 19:26

I'm excited to get started in the 2nd Edition of TOR. One thing I would love to be able to plan around is future adventures/expansions. Is there any kind of calendar or announcement about when further books or adventures will come out?

BytomMan

Re: Timeline on New Books after Initial Release?

Mon 15 Nov 2021, 06:46

Sometime after the Kickstarter delivers, the stretch goal "Ruins of the Lost Realm" will be available, plus a conversion of the Wilderlands Cultures and Striker (solo) rules. In a previous interview I heard Francesco mention that Moira is on the schedule. No dates, however.

howard035
Topic Author

Mon 15 Nov 2021, 07:37

Thanks for the heads-up!

Mordante

Mon 15 Nov 2021, 10:28

While I'm looking forward to receiving the lost Ruins supplement I'm concerned that there doesn't appear to be a more substantial supplement on the horizon as having only the "ruins" could reduce the game to nothing more than a d&d clone only looting dungeons.

Sebastian

Mon 15 Nov 2021, 12:50

Sometime after the Kickstarter delivers, the stretch goal "Ruins of the Lost Realm" will be available, plus a conversion of the Wilderlands Cultures and Striker (solo) rules. In a previous interview I heard Francesco mention that Moira is on the schedule. No dates, however.
So the Strider rules are for lone Rangers and your Striker rules for single Barbarians, right? Sorry, couldn‘t resist. Striker sound cool!

Niallism

Mon 15 Nov 2021, 13:07

While I'm looking forward to receiving the lost Ruins supplement I'm concerned that there doesn't appear to be a more substantial supplement on the horizon as having only the "ruins" could reduce the game to nothing more than a d&d clone only looting dungeons.
I thought they were 'landmarks'?

BytomMan

Mon 22 Nov 2021, 02:59

Work is proceeding on the Peoples of Wilderland and Lifepath stretch goals, as well as the Solo Mode for the game. We will show you more of Strider Mode as soon as we are able.

Finally, Ruins of the Lost Realm is currently in editing and the artists are in full swing of bringing the places and characters in it to life. It will be a meaty volume with a main focus on the ruined city of Tharbad and the south of Eriador, as well as the forces in these areas vying to dominate or influence the lands and its peoples. However it also stretches beyond Cardolan - touching on places like Lake Nenuial and even Mount Gram. We are eager to show you more from this upcoming expansion!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/11 ... ts/3358146