jamesrbrown
Topic Author

Getting Excited for the Printed Materials!

Thu 14 Oct 2021, 00:06

Is anyone as excited as I am to get my hands on the actual printed materials? These PDFs are stunning. The artwork and layout is simply amazing. I just saw a social media post by Francesco of the limited edition and now I really, really want my copy!

eternalsage

Re: Getting Excited for the Printed Materials!

Thu 14 Oct 2021, 00:09

I know I at least am! I also have the collector's ed, and I'm fiending lol
“It is useless to meet revenge with revenge; it will heal nothing.” - Frodo Baggins, Return of the King

gull2112

Thu 14 Oct 2021, 01:17

I'm looking forward to it because the stapled chapters I'm flipping through now during play are a real pain. I have also noticed that none of the PDF's print quite fully, they always cut some of the bottom off, so the books will be nice. I do book binding as a hobby and was going to bind my own really cool copy, but since the pdf's are such poor quality, that's not really an option. :roll:

nobble

Thu 14 Oct 2021, 06:35

Matthew from the Effekt podcast is in Essen with the print proofs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfGPss8 ... nel=Effekt

eternalsage

Thu 14 Oct 2021, 22:06

I'm looking forward to it because the stapled chapters I'm flipping through now during play are a real pain. I have also noticed that none of the PDF's print quite fully, they always cut some of the bottom off, so the books will be nice. I do book binding as a hobby and was going to bind my own really cool copy, but since the pdf's are such poor quality, that's not really an option. :roll:
They may be formatted A4, since this is a European game
“It is useless to meet revenge with revenge; it will heal nothing.” - Frodo Baggins, Return of the King

Asgo

Thu 14 Oct 2021, 22:21

They may be formatted A4, since this is a European game
actually it seems to be in Letter format as the page size of the core rules pdf states 216 × 279 mm (8 1⁄2 × 11 in).

eternalsage

Thu 14 Oct 2021, 23:36

Ok cool. Lol. Just throwing out any ideas I could think of :D

Asgo

Thu 14 Oct 2021, 23:44

sure :)
it is still likely that it is one of the usual paper format issues.
for example since the background is textured you might run into printable border issues with the specific printer since the borders are not white is this case.

gull2112

Sun 17 Oct 2021, 23:06

Yes. In the book, all the critical info gets printed just the border stuff. When I try to print out the stance cards, they have critical info left off on one side.

Balou1917

Wed 20 Oct 2021, 22:56

I am, I was fortunate to get all the 1st edition material throughout the years. But admittedly, I am more excited to get the next set and use both to continue adventures "in the wild" I have been hoping for the Shire for so long, and k now that we get it, oh boy. Although I know I can probably "home brew" some rules, I would be interested in seeing official rules to building a smial/hobbit hole.