Aiden Harrison
Topic Author

Alternative Character Creation Rules

Mon 02 Aug 2021, 23:32

Here is my attempt at expanding the character creation rules to allow more variation in character from the same culture.

Any feedback is appreciated, though please bear in mind that there is a lot of behind the scenes calculations that I did to make sure I didn't break the system in regards to skill allocation and making changes to the skill allocation of each package is not as simple as it seems.

Sorry about the formatting, not my forte.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/934jpgf81lk6h ... n.pdf?dl=0

Aiden Harrison
Topic Author

Re: Alternative Character Creation Rules

Sat 07 Aug 2021, 19:08

Wow tough crowd :)

No one has any feedback, good or bad?

Any suggestions to expand it?
Has anyone tried making a character with them?

Elenath

Mon 09 Aug 2021, 07:08

I just skimmed it. It looks good. I have not made a character using it. I am curious to how it will line up to the " heroic background" rules that were mentioned would be a part of the game.
Thanks for sharing.

Dorjcal

Mon 09 Aug 2021, 11:41

I think it is nice! Might be pleasing to those that want more customisation.
I like the idea behind the skills, but I am not 100% sure about the effect of changes in Parry, Hope and Endurance

Aiden Harrison
Topic Author

Tue 10 Aug 2021, 11:23

Yeah I was also wondering how they'd line up with the official stuff we haven't seen yet. Hopefully it will be somewhat compatible, (maybe with a few tweaks). I wonder if the Life path stuff is in addition to normal character creation or an alternative like what I've come up with.

I was also a little unsure about fiddling with Endurance, Hope and Parry, I'm sure it could lead to some weak or powerful combinations. I don't think it would be game breaking though, I could be wrong. Consider it as optional if it is a concern. I might change it to be a more obvious optional addition.

Thanks for the feedback guys, those are two subjects I've been pondering myself.

eternalsage

Wed 22 Sep 2021, 04:51

I am just seeing these. If this maps out well with the official stuff, I would be happy to format this up for you (especially if we can give the 1e cultures that are supposed to be released as a separate PDF the same treatment). Hopefully those official PDFs will drop soon!
“It is useless to meet revenge with revenge; it will heal nothing.” - Frodo Baggins, Return of the King

Aiden Harrison
Topic Author

Thu 23 Sep 2021, 15:41

That would be great if you could jazz them up for me :)

I'll give them a once over when the official stuff drops. I will also do the Woodsmen, Elves of Mirkwood and Beornings when they are available, and possibly Bree Hobbits.

I've got some other stuff that needs jazzing up as well - I've updated my old additional callings stuff to 2e (not put them up yet, was waiting for the official stuff).

Got a few other houserules and additions as well that people might like to see, again waiting for now.

eternalsage

Thu 23 Sep 2021, 16:03

Sweet. I'll give'em the treatment
:D
“It is useless to meet revenge with revenge; it will heal nothing.” - Frodo Baggins, Return of the King