Themadviolinist
Topic Author

questions about some enemy stat lines

Wed 28 Jul 2021, 23:29

1. What do the 5/eye of Sauron/14 results mean for various wolf type enemies? Similarly, there's a bite 3 3/9/14 or something like that on a couple of enemies. I don't remember seeing any text to explain this.

Aiden Harrison

Re: questions about some enemy stat lines

Thu 29 Jul 2021, 00:26

I believe it is a mistake, that's how they were in 1e. I'm sure it was picked up in the Alpha feedback.

aramis

Thu 29 Jul 2021, 05:47

To explain them for those unfamiliar:
1E they were Damage/Threat/Injury.
threat was the number or higher to be a penetrating hit.

2E, all attacks are threat 10. (PH 10+G; if keen, 8-10+G; Adv 10+S, 8-10&S if keen)

Which is why you can ignore the middle value
—————————————————————————
Smith & Wesson: the original point and click interface...

gyrovague

Thu 29 Jul 2021, 06:08

I'm wandering off-topic, but I can't remember in which thread this would be on-topic: I also am not a fan of the new stat bloc design. I don't mind replacing skills with tags, in fact at first glance I think I prefer it, but I especially dislike the way combat proficiencies are combined in one long line.

Also, I don't like that all adversaries have the same TN to attack a hero. I mean, I suppose the math can work out if you just give higher Attribute level adversaries more dice to spend, but I'd rather they just have a TN calculated the same way as heroes, with the hero's parry modifier applied to that TN. You know, symmetry. The stat bloc could then have AL and TN in the corner where just AL is now.

aramis

Thu 29 Jul 2021, 13:16

I'm wandering off-topic, but I can't remember in which thread this would be on-topic: I also am not a fan of the new stat bloc design. I don't mind replacing skills with tags, in fact at first glance I think I prefer it, but I especially dislike the way combat proficiencies are combined in one long line.
Yeah, I do to.
Also, I don't like that all adversaries have the same TN to attack a hero. I mean, I suppose the math can work out if you just give higher Attribute level adversaries more dice to spend, but I'd rather they just have a TN calculated the same way as heroes, with the hero's parry modifier applied to that TN. You know, symmetry. The stat bloc could then have AL and TN in the corner where just AL is now.
I also would prefer either full symmetry or almost entirely player facing rolls
—————————————————————————
Smith & Wesson: the original point and click interface...