Aiden Harrison
Topic Author

Questions about Might

Thu 22 Jul 2021, 14:46

According to p143 a creature with a Might of 2 can attack twice a round.

Can a Stone Troll Chief spend 2 Hate to do 2 Sweeping Strokes to all targets it is engaged with in one round?

Can a Great Cave Troll spend 2 Hate to make 2 Bite attacks using Savage Assault after 2 Crush attacks?

Also it doesn't say the Crush attack has to hit to use Savage Assault, is that intentional?

I'm working on some Adversaries and trying to get a grip on the power of the different Adversaries and Fell Abilities.

Mythicos

Re: Questions about Might

Thu 22 Jul 2021, 16:54

According to p143 a creature with a Might of 2 can attack twice a round.

Can a Stone Troll Chief spend 2 Hate to do 2 Sweeping Strokes to all targets it is engaged with in one round?

Can a Great Cave Troll spend 2 Hate to make 2 Bite attacks using Savage Assault after 2 Crush attacks?

Also it doesn't say the Crush attack has to hit to use Savage Assault, is that intentional?

I'm working on some Adversaries and trying to get a grip on the power of the different Adversaries and Fell Abilities.

In the rules as they stand right now, I think you can: there's no stated limit to how much and/or how often the LM can spend Hate points.

It was the same in 1st edition, but I always hated that because it seems pretty evident to me that an Adversary spending most or almost all Hate points as soon as possible will be way more dangerous than if it spends it one point once per round; yet the threat level of monsters doesn't seem to take this into account.

I hope that the rules will be adjusted so that they specify (or maybe just advise LMs) how much and how often Hate points can be spent.

(EDIT: typos. I hate typos)
Last edited by Mythicos on Fri 23 Jul 2021, 02:03, edited 1 time in total.

Aiden Harrison
Topic Author

Re: Questions about Might

Fri 23 Jul 2021, 00:03

Yeah you often had to pull your adversaries' punches in 1e, if they had a favoured weapon attack and horrible strength. You could seriously mess up a company if you didn't.

I like that they have been toned down in that regard.