dpeters911
Topic Author

New Journey and Exploration Rules?

Fri 18 Jun 2021, 07:30

Anyone know more about journeys and exploration? Any big changes outside the roles?

Mordante

Re: New Journey and Exploration Rules?

Fri 18 Jun 2021, 11:07

The new take on journeys is what I'm particularly looking forward too and I'd love to know more about them.

dpeters911
Topic Author

Fri 18 Jun 2021, 23:05

Details are still very thin on the ground and we are expecting more updates will be coming in the near future that shine a bit more light on some of the rules changes. What we do know, or at least make a pretty certain guess, from what we've seen so far:
  • Journeys are not so dependent on Travel -- you roll primarily on the skill associated with your role
  • Journeys involve much fewer rolls
  • Two of the roles are renamed to be more inclusive (Hunter and Lookout)
  • The sample character sheet we saw does not seem to have a separate Fatigue score, so the distinction between gaining Fatigue and losing Endurance may be gone
As these changes seem to correspond well to how Journeys work in AiME, it is expected that TOR 2e will be taking some influence from AiME 1e.

But we are inferring a lot out of a very small amount of information, much of it from a live-play from some alpha rules that Francesco commented the next day were already out of date by the time we saw it. As soon as we get more solid information, I will update the pinned post in the TOR/AiME Discord's #tor2e-discussion channel.

Warduke

Mon 28 Jun 2021, 16:14

I suspect they will be influenced by the journey rules in Forbidden Lands.