Otaku-sempai

Re: Where to purchase the 1st edition books.

Wed 03 Mar 2021, 18:23

I assume 2ed versions of the 1ed stuff are forthcoming later on.
No, the publisher is a different one and they don't have the rights to publish again the older material. They'll have to do their own, even for regions covered by the 1st edition.
So, whatever was written for 1st edition won't see a 2nd edition conversion or similar.
At least not for the foreseeable future. If the older material does eventually get recycled it would have to be revised and have new art.
#FideltyToTolkien

Byrax

Wed 03 Mar 2021, 20:55

I am sure something can be worked out, license-wise, should that be the situation. Seems like a rather strange license agreement.

Thranduil's Elk

Sun 07 Mar 2021, 02:14

Haaa! Just nabbed Ruins of the North. Now I'm just looking for Oaths of the Riddermark & The Darkening of Mirkwood.
Not all who wander are lost....

Byrax

Sun 07 Mar 2021, 18:08

Alphaspel.se has quite a lot of 1ed in store.

jamesrbrown

Mon 08 Mar 2021, 06:44

The Adventurer's Companion is a much better and more useful supplement than I was expecting it to be before it was published. I didn't order it as quick as all the others, but when I finally did, I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was and how much was in it. I should not have expected less. It is actually the the one supplement I happen to have two copies of and I'm not giving either of them up.

Part Two: New Rules, provides a ton of new options, including the New Calling: Leader, Courage points, new Combat options like Combat Roles (Captain, Champion, and Ward) which affect engagement rules and give Combat task advantages, 2 new Combat tasks for each stance, expanded Called shots, new Fellowship phase undertakings like Exercise Your Talent (which allows a character to obtain new Masteries), and a list of expanded and new Masteries. Part Three: Between Adventures, includes a great overview of the Fellowship phase and a tables for common undertakings, individual undertakings, Eriador undertakings, Wilderland undertakings, and Rohan, Isengard, and Fangorn undertakings.

There is so much more to this supplement too that I could go on and on. There are some great tables for expanding Distinctive features, determining Travelling gear, and my favorite table is the "But what has it got in its - pocketses, eh?" that allows you to roll to determine what items might be found in a hero's pocket or pack.

If you can get your hands on it, I highly recommend it.

Fenhorn

Mon 01 Nov 2021, 04:51

Moderator Action: Removed a post that contained marketing information about third party productions. This forum section is meant for discussion about the game The One Ring, rules, setting and gaming.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore