Ferretz
Topic Author

Continuing support for AiME?

Sun 02 Aug 2020, 00:14

So while we're all waiting for the next version of The One Ring (will it be completely new, or the something like what Cubicle 7 promised?), I'm wondering what will become of Adventures in Middle Earth. I read that Fria Ligan will continue releasing books for this, but will there be new books for AiME? And will AiME need an overhaul or rewrite, or could Fria Ligan just pick up where Cubicle 7 left it?

Cheers,

E.

Lem23

Re: Continuing support for AiME?

Sun 02 Aug 2020, 01:45

The powers that be have said there'll be a 5e version of TOR, but probably not till next year at least, and how close it is to AIME is still up in the air as far as I know.

Otaku-sempai

Sun 02 Aug 2020, 03:46

As Lem23 posted, the stated intention is for Adventures in Middle-earth to continue in some form, though possibly under a different title. As for TOR, it seems that the second edition will be pretty much backwards compatible with the C7 material with a minimum of conversion necessary. At least some of the changes do seem similar, if not completely the same, as the new edition that Cubicle 7 was developing. Hopefully, stuff like the Moria supplement does not have to go all the way back to square one.
#FideltyToTolkien

kaijusenpai

Sun 13 Sep 2020, 02:33

As long as there is some 5E content published doesn't retread too much of the same territory of AiME (for example, doing region guides for places already covered in detail), I'm excited for whatever they come out with. I imagine, however, that this may not be the case. I see that TOR2E will begin with a retread of Eriador, so I suppose we can expect AiME's successor to stay in the same zone as well. Hopefully they are able to flesh out the area, at least, in a way that builds upon the original guides.

Otaku-sempai

Sun 13 Sep 2020, 02:37

As long as there is some 5E content published doesn't retread too much of the same territory of AiME (for example, doing region guides for places already covered in detail), I'm excited for whatever they come out with. I imagine, however, that this may not be the case. I see that TOR2E will begin with a retread of Eriador, so I suppose we can expect AiME's successor to stay in the same zone as well. Hopefully they are able to flesh out the area, at least, in a way that builds upon the original guides.
My impression is that we are not going to get a simple retread of the Rivendell supplement in the new core rules for TOR, but they will cover Eriador in greater scope and detail , possibly including the regions of the Blue Mountains, Grey Havens and Lindon. I think the maps of Eriador from Journeys & Maps will better represent the area that will be covered. We also know now that the TOR starter set will include a supplement on the Shire.
#FideltyToTolkien