evilgaz
Topic Author

The One Ring

Tue 10 Mar 2020, 14:58

Super excited to see Free League are to partner for publishing The One Ring. I know we have to wait for more details, but will their be a path for playtesting and pre-releaee info for Podcasters?

In any event, happy to see this partnership. As I've said on Twitter, one of my favourite publishers and one of my favourite games!

Be great to see Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan return as a writer too, if possible...

Anyone else stoked!? You should be. :)

Falenthal

Re: The One Ring

Tue 10 Mar 2020, 21:19

I registered in these forums because I'm an absolute fan of TOR. Therefore, it's really exciting to see FL take care of it.
As it happens to be, I'm only buying three RPG lines in physical format: The One Ring since it was Cubicle 7, Symbaroum since it was Järnringen, and Alien from Free League.
It seems everything is gathering at one place!

silverfoxdmt73

Tue 10 Mar 2020, 22:08

Very much looking forward to seeing how Fria Ligan treats TOR and the 5e version. I have Coriolis and Forbidden Lands and they're both great systems with very interesting backgrounds.

timbolton

Wed 11 Mar 2020, 00:05

The loss of TOR and AiME last year really made me so sad, so this is just the best news. Thank you for backing Francesco up and allowing him to continue to bring a little hope to us fans.

I've been with this game from the very start, a regular forum poster over on C7 before they closed the forums down.

So happy :)
"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass."

Dunheved

Wed 11 Mar 2020, 02:13

Hi.

I have to join in with other names that I recognise from TOR forums. And of course I am filled with Hope for the early arrival* of new material from Sophisticated Games as they develop TOR further.

Hello to all the familiar people. And a big thank you to the people working for SG and for the Free League who are taking this on. Thank you.

Dunheved

* "The Moria expansion is never early or late, Frodo Baggins, it arrives EXACTLY when it meant to"

mrtoad

Wed 11 Mar 2020, 16:52

Coincidentally, my two favorite fictional universes are Aliens and middle-earth.  I was excited to learn about FL's Alien's RPG last year, pre-ordered it, and was very happy with the final product.  Now I am over joyed to hear about FL teaming up with Francesco and company to publish TOR.  Would love to support you all in a TOR kick starter or pre-order.

wbweather

Wed 11 Mar 2020, 17:34

Lots of familiar names! I am so excited about FLP picking up the TOR line. I agree, Free League is getting a group of amazing games together. The future is looking bright again.

JonHook

Thu 12 Mar 2020, 14:41

I'm a little confused by the press release for The One Ring. Will Free League be publishing books that convert the system to the 5E open gaming license only, or will Free League publish The One Ring that uses both their house Year Zero engine and the 5E engine. I can't imagine Free League is going to be able to continue with Cubicle 7's unique dice mechanic. Can they? 
- Jon Hook
Game Designer & Podcaster

Fenhorn

Thu 12 Mar 2020, 14:53

I'm a little confused by the press release for The One Ring. Will Free League be publishing books that convert the system to the 5E open gaming license only, or will Free League publish The One Ring that uses both their house Year Zero engine and the 5E engine. I can't imagine Free League is going to be able to continue with Cubicle 7's unique dice mechanic. Can they? 
Tomas (FL) have said "We will take a look at all the material together with Francesco and maybe tweak things here and there but the game will keep Francesco's rules."
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

JonHook

Thu 12 Mar 2020, 15:51

Ah... I assumed that was a Cubicle 7 game mechanic. Okay. 
- Jon Hook
Game Designer & Podcaster