Falenthal

Re: The One Ring

Thu 04 Jun 2020, 23:34

...we’re getting ready to return, from our new stronghold in the far North. It will take a while, but we’ll make sure the wait will be worth it!

Soon we’ll have some official news. For the moment, let me say that it’s great to be back!

F.
Errrr... that sounds like the Witch-king's Return Speech to Angmar.
:twisted:

gyrovague

Fri 05 Jun 2020, 03:58

If you get a chance, search around in any large bodies of water up there. If you find a bowling-ball sized sphere of some kind of glassy substance, with swirling colors in it*, let me know.

I'm, uh, missing one.

*But, whatever you do, don't actually look in it.
You sure you didn't lose two of those? ;)
Let me check...

...one...

...hmmm, ah, there's two, and three...

...four...

...five...

...let's see, where did I put....ah, six!

Nope, just missing one.

Banazîr Galbasi

Fri 05 Jun 2020, 07:16

I must say, I'm quite excited to see what Free League has planned for the future of The One Ring.
“And here he was, a little halfling from the Shire, a simple hobbit of the quiet countryside, expected to find a way where the great ones could not go, or dared not go."
-The Two Towers

Falenthal

Fri 05 Jun 2020, 07:49

I think it might be two of them, my lord.
That small one over there looks like a... errr... "soccer ball"?

jamesrbrown

Fri 05 Jun 2020, 08:29

Hey everyone! It's so good to be part of a new community for The One Ring. I can't wait to see old friends and lots of new ones too! I am so happy I had the chance to meet the very nice folks at the Free League booth at GenCon last year and that I was able to suddenly find Tales from the Loop, Forbidden Lands, and of course ALIEN. So, when it was announced they had partnered with Sophisticated Games, it was amazing. I think this will be a beautiful thing!

Asrath

Fri 05 Jun 2020, 14:34

Hi everybody!
I see some familiar names here. I really appreciate having a TOR forum at the publisher again. Great!
I'm really looking forward to the things to come!

Otaku-sempai

Fri 05 Jun 2020, 16:44

You sure you didn't lose two of those? ;)
Let me check...

...one...

...hmmm, ah, there's two, and three...

...four...

...five...

...let's see, where did I put....ah, six!

Nope, just missing one.
[/quote]

These can't be yours then. I've got a matched pair--recovered near some old shipwreck. Btw, ya gotta be careful! There's a lot of fakes in circulation.
#FideltyToTolkien

CryAxe

Fri 05 Jun 2020, 20:10

I am glad that there is once again a publisher forum for TOR. It will be a long wait for 2E, but I expect it will be worth it. I am eager to see what the plans are for the new edition and maybe some sort of release schedule.
I’ll miss Jon Hodgson’s frequent contributions to the forum discussions that took place on the defunct Cubicle 7 forums. Maybe we’ll be fortunate enough to have a developer presence on these forums.

Ian

Fri 19 Jun 2020, 22:02

Hi all. New to the forum. Couldn’t believe Cubicle 7 pulling out and nearly panic bought some of the last modules. I didn’t though as I have quite a bit TOR stuff, certainly enough to keep going for a couple of years. So pleased to see this news. It’s such a great system and would be a sad loss. Looking forward to a rosy future.

Agnot

Mon 22 Jun 2020, 19:19

Hey gang,

It’s great to have the band back together again! I’m looking forward to what Free League has in store.

It’s also good to see so many familiar faces.