Otaku-sempai
Topic Author

Off-Topic: The War of the Rohirrim anime

Fri 11 Jun 2021, 21:26

In case anyone is interested: ‘The Lord Of The Rings’ Goes On: Anime Film ‘The War Of The Rohirrim’ In Works At New Line
The J.R.R. Tolkien franchise is heading back to the big screen in a fresh New Line and Warner Animation anime title The Lord of the Rings: The War of the Rohirrim. I’m told that the Oscar-winning feature architects Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh are not involved with the project as we speak, but that will be determined down the road. Oscar-winning Lord of the Rings: Return of the King scribe Philippa Boyens will be a consultant on the new project directed by Kenji Kamiyama. The pic is being fast-tracked with animation work done by Sola Entertainment. Voice casting is currently underway. Pic will be distributed around the globe by Warner Bros. Pictures.
The War of the Rohirrim focuses on a character from the book’s appendix, the mighty King of Rohan, Helm Hammerhand, and a legendary battle which helped shaped Middle-earth heading into LOTR. The anime pic will expand the untold story behind the fortress of Helm’s Deep, delving into the life and bloodsoaked times of Hammerhand. Overall, the movie is a companion piece to New Line’s LOTR trilogy and is set roughly 250 years before that movie during the third age (Note Amazon’s upcoming Lord of the Rings mini-series is set during the second age).
Has anyone taken part in a Rohan campaign set in the time of Helm Hammerhand?
Source: https://deadline.com/2021/06/lord-of-th ... 234773024/
#FideltyToTolkien

Sebastian

Re: Off-Topic: The War of the Rohirrim anime

Mon 14 Jun 2021, 12:50

I ran a campaign like 15 years ago in the exact timeframe. We had lots of fun! But I can’t remember much.

Otaku-sempai
Topic Author

Mon 14 Jun 2021, 16:32

I ran a campaign like 15 years ago in the exact timeframe. We had lots of fun! But I can’t remember much.
Cool! Was that a MERP campaign? Maybe the Decipher RPG?
#FideltyToTolkien

Sebastian

Tue 15 Jun 2021, 08:52

That was the Decipher RPG. I really like this episode in Middle-earth history, it has a lot of potential. Just reading about it in the Lotr brings up tons of adventure seeds.