omnipus
Topic Author

Central Poland Sourcebook: now available through the Free League Workshop!

Tue 01 Feb 2022, 01:40

Some of you have been following me talking about this vaporware module I've been working on for months now. Well... in news that will surely shock everyone including myself, it is now DONE and ONLINE and AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE on DriveThruRPG!

Want to get a better feel for the strategic heartland of Poland in the year 2000? Need some quick adventure seeds or NPCs? Curious how ordinary local people are getting by in the year 2000? Crave a bit of context for an area your players might be stuck in for a while? The Central Poland Sourcebook is here to get you kicked off in the right direction.

Included:
  • Life In Central Poland, 2000 AD: a high-level view of what actual life is like. Where do people get their food? How do they travel or communicate? What about power? Social responsibilities? This quick glance fills in a missing gap and invites you to take it even further in your own games!
  • A breakdown of military units and significant factions in the immediate area, and their goals and opposition.
  • Optional rules for dealing with factions as entities. Are they willing to help you? Are they committed to hunting you? These quick rules will give you immediate guidance.
  • A timeline of near-future events ("if the players do nothing")
  • A detailed case study of the small but important city of Bełchatów, including its history, current status, numerous specific locations in and around the city, some key NPCs, encounter charts, and a mission generator! Also includes an in-world, period correct, high-resolution map to the city that you can refer to or give to players if you choose!
  • A pronunciation guide to the towns and cities in the region, so English speakers can at least get in the ballpark of correct (and often unexpected!) Polish pronunciation.
The few stats used within are specific to Twilight: 2000 4th Edition, but for the most part this guidebook is system-agnostic and could be used with any edition of Twilight: 2000, or any game system at all!

You can snag it here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/38 ... _id=242465

I hope you find this material as useful as I have, in my own game!
(hopefully self-promotion directly related to the game is permitted, but if not my apologies and let me know!)
Author, Central Poland Sourcebook -- now available on DriveThruRPG

ottarrus

Re: Central Poland Sourcebook: now available through the Free League Workshop!

Tue 01 Feb 2022, 21:49

Even though my character is Polish, I'll give my referee first dibs on this :D

ckosacranoid

Tue 01 Feb 2022, 21:50

Cool. Have to check it out. Thanks for sharing.

omnipus
Topic Author

Tue 01 Feb 2022, 21:56

Let me know your thoughts! Or, even better, put a review on DriveThru!

welsh

Tue 01 Feb 2022, 22:03

Fantastic. I look forward to digging into this.

Mahatatain

Wed 02 Feb 2022, 14:35

Just bought it.

Now just need to find the time to read it.......

ottarrus

Fri 04 Feb 2022, 00:34

Let me know your thoughts! Or, even better, put a review on DriveThru!
I'm playing in @Mahatatain's R20 game [streaming link below] and my character is a Polish supply sergeant. This book has been a big help! I'm a historian and so I've learned a little bit about Poland though historical and news sources, but don't know very much about daily life in Poland. This book helps fill that gap very well. I use an online translator with audio pronunciation for Polish words that become necessary, but the pronunciation guide in your book is damned helpful.

[link to Mahatatain's Long Road Home T2K streamcast]
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaGbDb ... 7JOwpC47RQ

omnipus
Topic Author

Fri 04 Feb 2022, 00:50

Awesome, thanks! I'll check it out when I get a chance. I'm definitely no expert on Poland (I was in the same spot as you when I started, pretty much), but this represents my last several months of research into both Poland as it is and was and how I think the conditions depicted in the core book would affect society. I'm sure I've gotten plenty wrong, but I believe it to be a coherent conceptualization without any major inaccuracies -- other than stuff I've had to make up or piece together from prior editions of T2k, in absence of 4e canon.

leonpoi

Wed 09 Feb 2022, 02:13

Ok - cool - I'll check it out

//
Ok- it’s good. Something like this would have been perfect in the core book. Gives you a good amount of detail that helps set the scene for campaign’s and adventures

Finnac1e

Wed 09 Feb 2022, 21:20

Excellent, just what I need :)