jhf6
Topic Author

Two Rules Clarification Questions

Sun 23 Jan 2022, 05:57

On page 32, officers can choose which column to use for each career “bonus.” Is “bonus” intended to refer to skills, specialties, or both?

On page 40, regarding the increasing skill level table, do you need a total of 20 experience points to take a skill from nothing to A, or do you need 50?

Thanks,
John

Fenhorn

Re: Two Rules Clarification Questions

Sun 23 Jan 2022, 11:22

On page 32, officers can choose which column to use for each career “bonus.” Is “bonus” intended to refer to skills, specialties, or both?
I read this as Specialty, but this is my interpretation of it.
On page 40, regarding the increasing skill level table, do you need a total of 20 experience points to take a skill from nothing to A, or do you need 50?
You increase skills one step at a time, so to increase a skill from D to C will cost 10 XP. To increase a skill from C to B costs 15 XP and from B to A 20 XP.
(short answer - 50 XP).
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

paladin2019

Mon 24 Jan 2022, 00:06

I disagree on the officer's skills. They still need to be functional in their branch. They must be allowed all the skills of both officer and functional area.

jhf6
Topic Author

Mon 24 Jan 2022, 19:19

I guess on the officer issue, it can just be left to referee discretion. I can see the logic of going either way.

Regarding experience and skill, that seems to create benefit in focusing on a couple/few skills at character creation, where the cost of going from D to C is the same as A to B. It will also increase the odds of getting a specialty. And then maybe branching out into other skills during gameplay.

Thanks for your input, both of you.