DanielR
Topic Author

Help with the Foundry module

Thu 13 Jan 2022, 02:41

We ran our first session 0 with Twilight 2000’s Foundry module last night and ran into some initial questions;

1. Age, is there a place to record the character age on the character sheet?
2. Where to record group stockpiles and vehicle info?
3. Are there any working vehicle mechanics and actors for them? How to use them?
4. Is there a place to record and keep track of ammo credits?
5. Will there be more assets? Some items seems missing
6. Is there a way to hide the initiative result of npc:s before it’s there turn to act?

Thanks in advance!
www.spelkult.se - Vi levlar upp spelkulturen!

Viper007

Re: Help with the Foundry module

Thu 13 Jan 2022, 04:16

These are answers that I know of, but may be erroneous in some capacity, so take them for what they are worth.

1. No! We place it in the notes section.
2. None! We also place these in the notes section for each characters personal items (if not in the item list, you can also make items if you wish). Vehicles see next question.
3. If you have the latest version of Foundry VTT V.90, T2K4E is not compatible, there is a bug that will not allow vehicles to work. Remove V.90 and install version 0.8.9, vehicles will then work. Author is working (I hope) on fix.
4. No! Again in the notes.
5. I cannot answer this one.
6. Other than making the npc hidden, I know of no other way.

You can make a journal note for the handling of group items and other information and give the players permission to own it so they can interact without GM control.

Mr Oldtimer

Thu 13 Jan 2022, 15:07

So, what I've done in this and other games is to either use a vehicle sheet to store group gear or, if the encumbrance isn't that important, I make another actor, named "Party". The "Party" actor can be used on the campaign map to show where the group is if they do not have a vehicle, or if they need to leave it behind. But mainly, if all players get owner permissions to the "Party" actor, they can all access gear stored on that sheet.

atraangelis

Thu 13 Jan 2022, 17:26

I am new to FVTT as well , i assume i can just uninstall the whole thing and reinstall 8.9 (i saved the installer)??
"Peace through superior firepower"

Fenhorn

Thu 13 Jan 2022, 17:37

I am new to FVTT as well , i assume i can just uninstall the whole thing and reinstall 8.9 (i saved the installer)??
I guess. I just installed 8.9 over 9. I haven't had the time to check it out (it say that I now have 8.9 and not 9), but other mods that I have that didn't work in 9 started to work again so I guess it works.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Viper007

Sat 15 Jan 2022, 07:33

There are mods out there that will not work with earlier versions or 0.8.9, like two that I have, Monk's Active Tile Triggers and Monk's Token Bar. They have been updated to work with V0.9 and will not work with earlier versions. When Stefouch gets T2K4E updated, we will then have to worry about those that don't work with V0.9, so check those if and when T2K gets updated.

Takaichi

Thu 20 Jan 2022, 16:36

Good news everyone!

Twilight: 2000 have now been updated on Foundry! The system to 2.0 and the Module to 1.1.0. Do note that it requires the latest version of Foundry as well (9.442).

A large core Foundry update like this always brings its share of problems and niggles to be ironed out afterwards. If there's no specific reason for you to update it can often be wise to wait for a while to update to make sure most of the kings have been ironed out.

With that said, we're sorry this update was delayed like this and will make sure things work smoother in the future.

/Martin
Fria Ligan

omnipus

Thu 20 Jan 2022, 21:51

Great! Is there anything like a changelog, to determine if it's worth updating?
Author, Central Poland Sourcebook -- now available on DriveThruRPG

Fenhorn

Thu 20 Jan 2022, 22:06

There is a changelog here and also a changelog for a hotfix here.

The twilight module is also updated to 1.1.0.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

omnipus

Thu 20 Jan 2022, 22:40

Thanks!

:shock: nuclear fuel :shock:
Author, Central Poland Sourcebook -- now available on DriveThruRPG