jjsoini

Re: Battle Map Geomorphs

Sat 22 Jan 2022, 00:41

Here's something I've been working on (pic).. I'm did some battle map geomorphs and then decided to add some hex cutouts to quickly remix maps so I don't have to do so many different versions of open terrain. The cutouts snap nicely in place in Foundry and Owlbear when using a hex grid so they're actually quite handy and quick to use. These are now available on my patreon.
––––
I make maps and assets for modern ttrpgs including T2K and TWD. Find me on IG @pulpscape and subscribe at patreon.com/pulpscape

Ursus Maior

Mon 24 Jan 2022, 10:47

Those are fantastic! Modular maps make it really easy to come up with new stuff at the table. Maybe some ruined versions of those geomorphs might come in handy, too.

And thanks for adding "the dot" in the center of the hexagons. Now the maps look almost like the official ones, so they blend it perfectly.
liber & infractus

Mr Oldtimer

Mon 24 Jan 2022, 17:32

Could one perhaps hope for larger maps down the road? It would be nice to have some maps for those longer range combats as well, have the PCs have to actually move in combat to get to a building or a group of enemies, not just take cover and fire at something 10 - 40 meters down the road.

Megilered

Mon 24 Jan 2022, 22:24

The new geomorphs and hex cutouts pushed me over the edge on subscribing, those are extremely useful and I'd love to see more of those down the line.

Mahatatain
Topic Author

Thu 27 Jan 2022, 00:58

Could one perhaps hope for larger maps down the road? It would be nice to have some maps for those longer range combats as well, have the PCs have to actually move in combat to get to a building or a group of enemies, not just take cover and fire at something 10 - 40 meters down the road.
You can build those with the geomorphs - I have with the ones from the box set and I've built a map that is about 400m by 400m.

And creators like jjsoini are adding more geomorphs to create additional options for maps to keep them fresh for the PCs.

paladin2019

Thu 27 Jan 2022, 07:56

FWIW, I have a 4x6 table, lots of terrain, and Team Yankee (1:100 scale) minis. 10 cm/4 inches is a hex, or a 5 cm/2 inch radius from a target point for grenades and such. Good to go. :D

Addendum: My only sad is that Battlefront gave us RDF light tanks but FL didn't give us the LAV-75 stats for them.