naash
Topic Author

Going solo

Tue 07 Dec 2021, 22:37

Hi !
I received my pakage two weeks ago and I read both GM and players book.
I discovered the mechanics and I really like them (excepted the firefights and close combat).
Now I'm ready to start, and I'm planning to play solo.

The adventure will take place in Poland and my group will be a mix of civilians and military guys.
Their only goal will be to survive, live another day, that's all.

Since I'm a lead pusher, I'll use my own skirmish ruleset to simulate the firefights with my miniatures.
Moreover, I'll probably use a encounter simulator to spice my game.

I'll use this topic to present you my adventure, day after day.

JoeX111

Re: Going solo

Wed 08 Dec 2021, 04:27

Bring it!

POUM

Fri 10 Dec 2021, 11:59

Eagerly waiting.
I'm playing solo to.

naash
Topic Author

Fri 10 Dec 2021, 14:05

By now, I'm creating the PCs, using the life path way.
It's very fun to use it.

baldrick0712

Fri 10 Dec 2021, 14:09

I'm doing a solo campaign too but using the T2K4 tactical combat system. Not without a few problems, I might add (some strange sentences in the RAW).

naash
Topic Author

Fri 10 Dec 2021, 14:54

Regarding the combat system, it's just that I'm already using figs with my skirmish games, and I'm really pleased with it.

So I just want to use it.
I'll just make a minor change and use the wound system of T2k4 in order to stick to the whole campaign system.

naash
Topic Author

Tue 14 Dec 2021, 21:54

Hi all !
I'm still preparing the stuff for my solo campaign.

Let me present you my vision of the global situation at the beginning of the game.

The PCs wil start the adventure in the blue area, in the end of september. The group will be a mix of soldiers and civilians (I'll present them later).
Their first goal will be to find a safe area and to settle in before the end of october in order to face winter (it's coming, as you all know ;) ).

But they are not alone...

Soviet forces :
Settled in some key areas (red zones), soviet forces are trying to control the main crossroads and bridges of the area.
They conduct patrols in the vincinity of their camps, in the red dotted lines areas.
Outside these zones, they perform some long range reccon patrols, hunting NATO forces, polish resistance organisations or fighting marauders who recklessly and decided to confront them.
Finally, they try to maintain control on rural communities all around the Poland in order to guarantee food supply and to secure their convoys.

Polish forces :
Polish forces are controling the green areas.
They perform some reccon patrols in the green dotted lines and, sometimes, they confront with soviet forces or marauders.
They try to support polish civilians who are settled outside their controled areas.

The following groups are operating in the greys areas between red and green zones.

NATO forces :
Leftovers of the NATO forces are scattered all around the Poland.
There's no more organized units, just groups of soldiers, more or less equiped but without any logistical support or supply.
Hunted by soviet forces, confronted to marauders or local militias, they do their best to survive locally, or to return to safe areas like zones controled by NATO or polish forces.

ODA 146 - Yankee rangers :
This unit was presented in the blacksheep journal #1 (https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/36 ... t_filtered).
This small team of specforces operator is operating in Poland, according to the jeddburgs legacy they trained local militias in order to conduct a guerrilla operations against the soviet forces.
The PC could get in touch with some groups linked to the Yankee rangers.

The Armia Krajowa (AK) :
This organisation is fighting against the soviet occupation of Poland (https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/37 ... t_filtered).
Members of AK don't welcome the foreigners and might turn against NATO forces.

Marauders, local militias and civilian communities :
They are unmissable and they are all around the area, even in the areas which are under soviet control.

Well, that's all folks !
Next time, I'll talk about my bunch of survivors.

baldrick0712

Tue 14 Dec 2021, 23:32

The image isn't showing for me.

Fenhorn

Tue 14 Dec 2021, 23:40

The image isn't showing for me.
The image is just that, something to give space, for spoilers.

I can move this thread to the Referees Only subcategory instead if you like
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

omnipus

Tue 14 Dec 2021, 23:54

I don't think that's correct, the post references "the blue area" and so on.
Author, Central Poland Sourcebook -- now available on DriveThruRPG