Xeonic
Topic Author

Foundry, terrain and visibility

Mon 06 Dec 2021, 17:10

Hey

Has anyone figured out how to make Foundry follow the rules for terrain visibility as presented in the rule book? I.e. a set amount of hexes per terrain? You can do completely occluding terrain which is simply to treat the terrain as walls, but the semi-transparent aspect of forests and similar terrain doesn't seem to be easily implemented?

omnipus

Re: Foundry, terrain and visibility

Mon 06 Dec 2021, 22:54

Nope. I've requested this feature ("visibility absorption/penetration" I called it) from the developers some time back but never heard any significant movement on it.

It would be so much better (and global!) than just walls, while also being compatible with walls! Trying to use walls for terrain has proven so unreliable that I've simply stopped using it and often just manually hide/unhide NPCs based on my interpretation of what the characters can see.
Author, Central Poland Sourcebook -- now available on DriveThruRPG

Xeonic
Topic Author

Tue 07 Dec 2021, 08:50

Nope. I've requested this feature ("visibility absorption/penetration" I called it) from the developers some time back but never heard any significant movement on it.

It would be so much better (and global!) than just walls, while also being compatible with walls! Trying to use walls for terrain has proven so unreliable that I've simply stopped using it and often just manually hide/unhide NPCs based on my interpretation of what the characters can see.
Thats disappointing, the terrain visibility was one of the main selling points for me to buy Foundry. I was certain I saw it in a stream early on in the process but that might've been Roll 20.

omnipus

Tue 07 Dec 2021, 22:09

There may be a module, or it may be an early development feature. Can't say I've been closely following any of that for the last year or so really. I did request it again, just to put it back on the radar hopefully.
Author, Central Poland Sourcebook -- now available on DriveThruRPG