Oddball_E8
Topic Author

Hemvärnet and National Guard?

Sat 04 Dec 2021, 17:13

Is anyone planning on introducing rules for being a member of either of those organizations?

Both mean that you're part time a civilian and part time a serving military member.

I've been considering ways to implement this in the game, but haven't really come up with anything satisfactory yet.

(Granted, I'm only doing the Hemvärnet thing since I'm playing in Sweden and I suspect my players will choose Swedish PC's)

paladin2019

Re: Hemvärnet and National Guard?

Sat 04 Dec 2021, 22:11

You could always allow one skill each term to be from the military branch instead of the civilian career. Give them the option to choose equipment per their branch instead of Combat Arms. Besides that, I don't know what more you need.

ottarrus

Re: Hemvärnet and National Guard?

Sat 04 Dec 2021, 22:15

I sort of side-stepped the problem by making my Polish character's family the owners of a trucking company and his LWP Reserve service in a Motor Transport battalion. No 'combat' skills other than Ranged Combat in Basic Training until the War started, but long on Drive, Tech, and deal-making skill specialties [Quartermaster, Load Bearer, Trader, etc.]